Best Bloody Mary mix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
It seems like every bar just uses a pre-made mix for Bloody Marys, so I was wondering if any of the varieties in the store are good to use. I love making Bloody Mary's but if there were a way to expedite the process without getting 5-6 ingredients that would be really great. Seeing as none of the ingredients are really "fresh" (except lemon juice) I thought this might be a drink that a mix could be acceptable. Any suggestions?

I just use V8 juice and add a few things like tobasco, worcestire sauce, celery salt, lemon juice, and fresh ground pepper. Sometimes I will use the spicy V8 juice and leave out the tobasco.

Not surprisingly, I can't remember the name of the mix I really like; I seem to remember I haven't been able to find it lately.

I like using V8 and Clamato as my base.

I use different mixes such as Mrs. T and a local one called New England's Best Bloody Mary Mix. I end up doctoring both before I'm ready to drink.

I also use V-8 and add-ins.

Clamato
V8
Beefamato

Worcestershire
Horseradish
Hot sauce
Olive brine

Black pepper
Onion powder or juice
Garlic powder or juice
Cilantro

Oh, and use tequila instead of vodka

We've had that at friends in Mississippi, Bob, and it's my favorite! It's so thick it's almost like salsa. I've not seen it around here.

:LOL: It is kinda thick, especially after being refrigerated. DW likes it as is...I usually thin it with some tomato juice...and a little extra Vodka:whistling

"Tabassco" brand name makes an excellent bloody mary mix. It's not as hot as one might think.very flavorful.

I enjoy lite soy sauce instead of Worcestershire. Celery seed instead of celery salt, vegetable juice instead of just tomato.

Nobody has mentioned lime. Ya gotta have loads of fresh lime, or lemon. I also like to float a half an ounce of the vodka on the top. Just for a little kick.:wacko:

Now you've gone and done it. I am going to make myself one right now, using my mothers home made tomato juice.

I agree that lots of lime is essential. We like this mix: Zing Zang - Award Winnng Bloody Mary Mix
or mix our own:
Bloody Mary
46 ounces tomato juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1 teaspoon horseradish
1 tablespoon hot sauce
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon celery seeds
2 cups vodka

Combine and mix well. Serve well chilled with celery stalk or stuffed olive for garnish.

It's the only one we've found that makes us stop missing Major Peters, which is no longer to be found here.
But Sunday Family Gathering did not appreciate a recent experiment with aspic made from ZingZang...

One of the best BM mix I had was something called Red Eye - Texas Bloody Marry Mix

press_release_distribution_0070063_8013.jpg

Back
Top Bottom