Blue Moon beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NightsinCalifornia

Assistant Cook
Is great. It has high alcohol content, comes with oranges, and goes down nice and smooth...

Not to mention it is always on some sort of special in my area ! I love it !

Depending on the variety, it is great. I have never seen it come with citrus, but the heffewiezen is classic with a slice of oarnge. They have a pilsner that also good...

The white label is the heffe I think..

We've got Blue Moon on tap at work. It's one I'll have occasionally, but they can keep the fruit.

Lately though I've grown rather fond of Budweiser's Pumpkin Spice. Never before have I uttered those words INTENTIONALLY of, "I'll have a Bud, please." This is pretty decent stuff.

Ciao,

NightsinCalifornia said:
Is great. It has high alcohol content, comes with oranges, and goes down nice and smooth...

Not to mention it is always on some sort of special in my area ! I love it !

It is real good--haven't seen/tried any with oranges IN it--it is served with them sometimes. Alcohol content is a normal level--not high.

Blue Moon is a really good American interpretation of the witbier style. It's a bit heavier/darker in color and body than a true Belgian Wit, but a very good beer. As has been mentioned before here on the boards, it's actually made by Coors brewing.

For what may quite possibly be the best example of a witbier made in the USA, see if you can find a bottle of Celis White. It's now made by the Michigan Brewing Company, with the full blessing of Perre Celis himself. They even brought him in to recreate his original recipe (From back when he was running Celis Brewing in Austin, TX).

Or... Just stop by my place. I'm making a witbier again this weekend, and it's held its own quite nicely head to head (<-- Gratuitous beer pun...) against both Celis White, and the widely acknowledged standard bearer for the witbier style.. Hoegaarden Wit. (And I have the comment sheets to prove it!)

Oh, and the reason orange goes so well with these beers? They are brewed with orange peel (Usually curaco) in the beer when it is boiled up at the brewery!

John

Steve A said:
...I've grown rather fond of Budweiser's Pumpkin Spice...

Blue Moon also has a Pumpkin Spice that is quite tastey and is really quite a pretty label. The other to try if you are in the northern midwest would be Leinenkugels ... they do a great Apple Spice as well as their normal line.

(sorry - misspelled Leinies!)

Last edited:
JMediger said:
Blue Moon also has a Pumpkin Spice that is quite tastey and is really quite a pretty label. The other to try if you are in the northern midwest would be Lienenkugels ... they do a great Apple Spice as well as their normal line.

We got one with this brand Lienenkugals w/some kind of berry. It is real good. I am curious about Pumpkin Spice by Blue Moon. Wonder where we can get it? Have to do some searching. Thanks for suggestions. Always help and interest .

Leinenkugels makes a ton of different brews - several seasonal (like their Berryweis - spelling? and their Apple Spice) and all good. I really missed it when we lived out west and tended to stock up when we were back in Wisconsin.

Not sure were to recommend looking for the Blue Moon Pumpkin. My dad just started carrying it in his grocery store.

In reference to the brewing, along with citrus, I fell in love [SIZE=-1]Oranjeboom. It is the "run of the mill" beer in Amsterdam, like Bud is to the States. Though it was not a white beer, it was delish!

Hoegaarden is a little more "Authentic" in my opinion.

John, can you fedx some home brew?:innocent:

[/SIZE]

where can I get this pumpkin spice budweiser ? I'd love to try it !! When I go out tomorrow I am going to try to get one !

I have not seen that Pumpkin Spice in bottles or cans; only on tap. I'll double check to ensure it was a Bud product. That's what I was told by our restaurant's bartender. Perhaps she meant only it was delivered by Bud.

I heard yesterday they're trying to sell it off and head to a Christmas beer. I'm probably wrong about what I heard, but it sure sounded like, "Frosty's Snow Balls." I'm sorry, no sale there. Sounds too... uhhh.... personal? LOL.

Ciao,

TATTRAT said:
[SIZE=-1]

John, can you fedx some home brew?:innocent:

[/SIZE]

Well, if I had any at the moment the answer would be yes. However, yesterday was the first brew session since May :)ohmy: :huh: :ohmy: ), and that beer is already promised to a family gathering over the holidays :( . So I'm darned near out of homebrew.

So, like most everyone else - I've had to buy beer at the store.
(Oh the shame! The shame!)

John

I'm going to go hide in the corner now...

NightsinCalifornia said:
where can I get this pumpkin spice budweiser ? I'd love to try it !! When I go out tomorrow I am going to try to get one !

I know A-B has marketed a Pumpkin beer under the Michelob brand (And it was quite good), not sure about any others.

John

Right

Steve A said:
I have not seen that Pumpkin Spice in bottles or cans; only on tap. I'll double check to ensure it was a Bud product. That's what I was told by our restaurant's bartender. Perhaps she meant only it was delivered by Bud.

I heard yesterday they're trying to sell it off and head to a Christmas beer. I'm probably wrong about what I heard, but it sure sounded like, "Frosty's Snow Balls." I'm sorry, no sale there. Sounds too... uhhh.... personal? LOL.

Ciao,

Clao, you are right! Pumpkin Spice all gone around here except for two six packs that i found on the other side of town. We have local beer here that outdoes the Budweiser. Never thought I would say that. The Pumpkin Spice was good but O'Fallon Pumpkin better.

The next brew for Budweiser for holidays is Winter's Bourbon Cask-Ale. Ale aged on Bourbon Barrel Oak and Vanilla Bean. To me, was different and quite good. The label alone made me try it. Seemed to be selling well in the store. Just like the Pumpkin Spice, you see it better buy it. Next time will be gone. Seems that is how it goes w/anything today.

Back
Top Bottom