Bourbon Question..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronjohn55

Head Chef
Was wondering if anyone is familiar with Booker's Bourbon?

Info here: http://www.internetwines.com/mb311504.html

A bottle of this beverage has made it's way into my possesion, and all I really know about it is what's on the label, and on that website above.

Oh, and I also know that it's locked up, so Bucky can just nix any thoughts of trying to make off with it when I'm not around!

John

I've seen it, haven't tried it yet - my personal fav is Maker's Mark.

Bookers is not the kind of bourbon that you want to mix with anything other than some ice, perhaps. Keep it under lock and key and only bring it out when I come to visit:rolleyes: :)

Well, I guess I'll just have to evaluate it on my own! :ROFLMAO:

(Unless any of y'all show up to help!)

Sheesh, I baited Bucky in and everything, but not even a nibble! Maybe bourbon is the wrong lure. Oh well.

John

you are lucky...it is a fine sippin' whiskey. It is cask strength (50% or better) but also unfooled around with (thus unfiltered etc) It may look a tad cloudy, don't let that bother you none. THese small batch cask strength bourbons are to Kentucky's whiskey what single malt is to Scotland's. Most a really fine and a few are exceptional. You got an exceptional one there.

I had the great fortune of picking up a bottle of Booker's own Bourbon when I visited the Jim Beam plantation in Clermont, KY.. It was a great tour.. Bookers is definitely a sipping bourbon. From what I remember of the tour, it's the finest, raw bourbon that has not been clarified... GOOD STUFF..

-Brad

Well, I haven't gotten into the Booker's yet, but I have been sampling this one lately...

http://www.internetwines.com/mb3532014.html

I can't decide what I like best about it, but I'm thinking it may be the cool "old west" style bottle with the raised glass lettering and cork top.

Oh, and the boubon itself is quite good, too! :ROFLMAO:

John

Yea, that's right...you just keep your eye on that Bucky fella over there. Pay no attention to the redhead with the tattoos...she'd neeeeeeever touch your bourbon:angel:

VeraBlue said:
Yea, that's right...you just keep your eye on that Bucky fella over there. Pay no attention to the redhead with the tattoos...she'd neeeeeeever touch your bourbon:angel:

Of course not! I'm sure it's safe! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 1134774099_tuffbender.jpg
    1134774099_tuffbender.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 197
Back
Top Bottom