Casablanca drink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
Has anyone ever heard of a drink called Casablanca? I was looking through my drink recipe book ("Drinkology") and in the rum section was "Casablanca." I had all the ingredients so I thought I would give it a try - it's actually really good! It is

2.5 ounces of rum (I used 10 Cane)
0.5 ounces of Cointreau/triple sec (I used Stirrings triple sec)
0.5 ounces of maraschino liqueur (I used Luxardo)
0.5 ounces lime juice

It is reminiscent of a margarita but the maraschino liqueur really adds a different element that is very good. It's a very refreshing summer time cocktail. Just wondering if this is a common drink or not... something tells me if I tried ordering it at a bar, I would get a confused look.

Last edited:
I heard it mentioned recently on a commercial for a new TV show that will start this fall. If it's not popular today, it will be next month. Can't remember the show tho'

It sounds delicious! I've been away from tending bar so long, I've never heard of it. Didn't know there was a maraschino liqueur.

Last edited:
taxlady said:
I never heard of it. Is it supposed to be from the movie?

I don't think so. I'm not sure what its origin is... but with rum I would consider maybe somewhere southern/Caribbean?

Dawgluver said:
It sounds delicious! I've been away from tending bar so long, I've never heard of it. Didn't know there was a maraschino liqueur.

This is the only one that I know of. I bought for use in Hemingway Daiquiris, but that never really worked out (I think using bottled grapefruit juice ruined the drink and I couldn't get myself to fresh squeeze grapefruit juice for a cocktail). Glad I found this drink though, because it's a nice ingredient.

http://www.luxardo.it/product.aspx?ID=778

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom