"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks

Old 09-02-2006, 11:10 PM   #31
Master Chef

Johnny Walker

So what is up with Johnny Walker!!????!?! That stuff is STOUT!!!! UGH! I tried it with coca-cola and man that was yucky!!!! Ok, I can set that stuff aside.

Old 09-02-2006, 11:12 PM   #32
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Johnny does not like to play with others. He likes to be left alone, or in the company of 2 ice cubes. Tis an aquired taste though.

Red lable?

Old 09-02-2006, 11:24 PM   #33
Master Chef

I understand, thanks for letting me know... cuz I think there is another bottle or two that I will have to give away. Not sure I will ever acquire the "taste" for that one!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:14 AM   #34
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Well, Scotch is one of those things that makes my skin crawl, but it is niice on ocassion. I am a Whiskey man.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:26 AM   #35
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Well, Scotch is one of those things that makes my skin crawl, but it is niice on ocassion. I am a Whiskey man.
Forty years ago, Scotch led me to a serious consideration of abstinence. Fortunately, I discovered Kentucky Bourbon.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:49 PM   #36
Master Chef

My dad use to drink scotch and water... for the life of me, I don't know how he did it. I would just rather drink it straight than dilute it with cruddy tap water!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #37
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to FryBoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie
My dad use to drink scotch and water... for the life of me, I don't know how he did it. I would just rather drink it straight than dilute it with cruddy tap water!
Actually, it's generally accepted by Scotch connosieurs that the addition to a bit of water enhances the whisky's aroma. For example, check this site:

http://www.scotchdoc.com/tsd/ask/index.html
Old 09-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #38
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Okay, from living in NC I have gotten the feeling that Scotch, Whiskey, and Bourbon were all the same because at the ABC store, they are all grouped together under the "Bourbon" heading.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:06 PM   #39
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora
Okay, from living in NC I have gotten the feeling that Scotch, Whiskey, and Bourbon were all the same because at the ABC store, they are all grouped together under the "Bourbon" heading.
It would be more accurate to group them together under a "Whiskey" heading along with Tennessee, Canadian, and blended whiskies.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:54 PM   #40
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletlicker
It would be more accurate to group them together under a "Whiskey" heading along with Tennessee, Canadian, and blended whiskies.
Well, for 3 months I didn't even think NC sold hard alcohol so when I finally found out what an ABC store was I ventured in and didn't know what Bourbon was ~ that's how I remember where they were all grouped. Quite honestly the Canadian Mist that I was used to was up front and it was all I had heard of. Jack, Jim Beam, and all the other whiskeys were shelved under a huge Burboun sign. It took me forever to find them my first trip.