Does Anybody Collect Bourbon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, yes I have tried it. I have a bottle on my shelf. I haven't poured any lately so, maybe tonight I shall re-aquaint myself. It's not a bad bourbon. Just not a memorable one. Then again maybe my memory fails me. We shall see.

What a great idea. We have been looking for a place to go for a long weekend that is not too far away, and a bourbon distillery road trip seems like a grand idea.

We are in northern VA, so it is a bit of a drive, but not too terrible (anything over two hours we try to avoid, but if ya gotta, ya gotta).

We have been to a number of Scottish whisky distilleries and they were great.

Scotch is my drink, have several single cask bottlings in the cellar, but I can enjoy a good bourbon.

Have always had a soft spot in my heart for KY, am even a Kentucky Colonel. You can call me Colonel Auntdot if you must. How that annointing happened is an unusual tale, and I am already off topic. Sorry for that.

And so, yes, by golly, we will reserve some days off and head for the bourbon trail.

Thanks for the idea folks. And if I smuggle a bottle of Scotch along I hope no one will mind.

AuntDot....

I would exercise extreme caution venturing into Bourbon Country with a bottle of Scotch. Please keep it out of site. I wouldn't wanna have to form a raiding party to come rescue ya! They would probably put you "under' the jail for such a transgression!:LOL:

VeraBlue said:
Lou and I just finished a bottle of Woodford Reserve last night. Magnificently smooth and warm, with a lingering finish.

Anyone else try it??

I've had it, and like it. I also have an unopened bottle of that at the house as well - I've had it for at least 5 years, it keeps the Booker's company in the "unopened" section of the liquor cabinet. :angel:

John

ronjohn55 said:
I've had it, and like it. I also have an unopened bottle of that at the house as well - I've had it for at least 5 years, it keeps the Booker's company in the "unopened" section of the liquor cabinet. :angel:

John

Son, you need to take those ladies on a date!!

Michael in FtW said:
LOL - don't we have any Easy Rider fans here???

It's been a few years since I last watched it - but I believe the "nic nic nic" line was either Jack Nicholson or Dennis Hopper trying to speak after a good slug of "shine" ...

:rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: My thoughts precisely.......it was Jack Nicholson who uttered those words......

VeraBlue said:
Son, you need to take those ladies on a date!!

I'm saving them for a special occasion! What that may be I have no idea, but that's what they are for!

John

Back
Top Bottom