"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks

Old 03-15-2008, 02:21 AM   #11
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to SpiritWolf Send a message via Yahoo to SpiritWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphellae View Post
I have banana malibu rum and passion fruit malibu rum. I bet they both would taste awesome with some pineapple/ mango juice. I also have pear juice, I wonder how that would taste.

I agree with you there, the color just keeps getting stranger the more you mix into the Midori lol
I have never heard of nor have I tried Banana or passionfruit Malibu, WOW certainly sounds different, I wish we had it here, I have only bought and tried the Coconut Malibu Rum, thats why I love Pina-Colada so much, I wonder where I could get the others you mentioned here where I live, I will have to suss it out at the local. Do you still taste the Coconut in the Malibu or is it just the Banana and Passionfruit taste, I would really love to try that, Thanks for the info, Is the colour still clear, like in the coconut, or is it a more yellow or orange colour???

Old 03-15-2008, 07:11 AM   #12
Executive Chef

SpiritWolf, I don't think we can get most of those drinks here yet. Flavoured vodkas are about our limit. Maybe one day!!

I don't mind an Illusion from time to time. It was one of those cocktails that came out when Midori first hit and every bar would have a Midori shaker.

My ex used to really enjoy midori and lemonade but he had a really sweet tooth.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:15 AM   #13
Master Chef

Apparently one year in Cairo someone served some red wine enhanced by cloves---the flavor and reactions were so swift and universal that it became a joke to "gift" someone with a similar bottle and this same bottle was passed around much like an American fruit cake for many, many years. It became a priviledge (sp?) to be gifted with the bottle. I will take the original newbies' assertions that it was worse than listerine after several drinks.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #14
Head Chef

There are three of the Malibu flavors.. Banana, Passion Fruit, and Mango as well as the regular Malibu. They are delish and are great for making fun drinks. I haven't found Banana in Quebec so far as I know from my experience it's only available in Ontario (could be in the US too, but I don't know).

I'll have to look up an Illusion.

Red wine and cloves? Blech!!
Old 03-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #15
Master Chef

We have the original and banana, I have not seen the passion fruit or mango yet, but DW would go nuts over the mango!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to SpiritWolf Send a message via Yahoo to SpiritWolf
Yes Bilby, The Illusion, I love them and the Splice, thats got Midori,Pineapple juice and Malibu in it, I buy them from time to time at our local Bottle shop.
I was first introduced to Midori with lemonade as well, I love it, but as you said, very sweet.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #17
Executive Chef

Oh yeah. I forgot about the Splice! Prefer my Splice with just bacardi instead of the malibu. Not a huge fan of coconut outside of a curry!