Ever try Prosecco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
I watched the Everyday Italian show today on the Food Network. She made a drink using a bottle of Prosecco. Have you ever used it? Is it very expensive? I think she said it was like a champagne. It looked so good.
She also had a very good hint if you have leftover chicken stock. Just pour it into a zip lock bag and put it in the freezer.

I saw that show, Joann. From what I've been told, Asti Spumante is also Italian champagne. I do love it. Would love to try some prosecco.

I saw that show about 3 months ago and now have a bottle chilled in the refrigerator, waiting for any excuse to be opened.:LOL: Any suggestions or excuses girls?:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Last edited by a moderator:
Prosecco is Italy's version of Champagne. It's good. If you like Champagne or sparkling wine you will like Prosecco. No, it's not that expensive. You can get a bottle for around $12.00.

kadesma said:
I saw that show about 3 months ago and now have a bottle chilled in the refrigerator, waiting for any excuse to be opened.:LOL: Any suggestions or excuses girls?:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

ummmmm.............it's Wednesday?

She's baaaaack,
I love it, Dh popped the top and we each had a glass before dinner and I'm now having a second with some strawberries and peaches...I've been dipping the fruit into the glass, messy but it tastes great.

kadesma:ohmy:

kadesma said:
She's baaaaack,
I love it, Dh popped the top and we each had a glass before dinner and I'm now having a second with some strawberries and peaches...I've been dipping the fruit into the glass, messy but it tastes great.

kadesma:ohmy:

Notice how her text went from standard type to italicized (sp?) type . . . . :brows:

With DH there with her, we're gonna need Tony from [/i]Lady and the Tramp[/i] to serenade . . . . . . .

"This is the night, such a beautiful night. And they call it . . . . Bella Notte!" :heart:

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :angel:

kadesma said:

kadesma
Well, tonight is Wednesday. That's a great excuse!

Prosecco is an Italian sparkling wine. It is NOT made in the same manner, nor is it nearly as expensive as Champagne. You can get very tasty examples for around $10 - 12. It's lovely mixed with peach purée for a Bellini, or with Crème de Cassis for a Kir Royale or with OJ for Mimosas. and it's affordable enuf to have an "open bottle" at weddings.

It is traditionally not as sweet as Asti Spumante, altho Asti producers are making their wines a bit more sophisticated these days.

Love Prosecco - Le Cincie is very good.
Another Italian 'champagne' to try is Brachetto d' Acqui made by Banfi Cellars.

Every day is a day for champagne/sparkling!!!

I love Prosecco and just about any dry sparkling wine.

I usually buy cava, the Spanish version, by the case in the summer.

JoAnn,
As kitchenelf stated, Prosecco is the Italian version of champagne.
It is very nice to have a glass after dinner with fruit or mild cheeses.
Is also good mixed with orange juice or passion fruit juice for great Mimosas on Sunday morning with smoked salmon and toasted bread (I learned this in a very nice hotel in Salzburg)

You can get a 750 ml bottle at Trader Joe's for $ 6.00, my kind of drink LOL

ChefJunes answer is correct! Prosecco is not made in the same manner as a French Champagne, it is merely ( but beautifully) a well made Italian frizzante/sparkling wine. It is wonderful but is absolutely not in the same league as a Champagne.
The French frown on any usage of the word ' Champagne' unless the particular product was produced in France and under their Apellation Controls.
Rightly so. :)

Loprraine said:
"and it's affordable enuf to have an "open bottle" at weddings."

Thanks for the idea, June!!!!:)

You are getting hitched Lorraine????!!!
If that is the case, I sincerely wish you the very very best for your future together.
Just so you know, I think you are a wonderful lady.:)

' Nuff said.

I like to plan things well in advance.:angel: Seriously, though, $6.00 ( Trader Joe's) makes serving bubbly to a crowd very affordable!

Back
Top Bottom