Favorite Beer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Further research yields that the Oskar Blues brewery is based in Colorado and they opened a brewery in Brevard in 2012. Reviews indicate that North Carolina version is different from the Colorado version but both both have gotten good reviews. I reckon I will have to scrape together my nickels and dimes to get some and report back.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure which version I have had, but their ten fidy is an incredible brew. I've been lucky enough to have tasted it on draft as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like whatever is on sale at the grocery store. Last week it was Natural Light.
I'm no beer snob for sure......lol

I don't drink a lot of beer, but there are a few that I like.

My current favorite is Sierra Nevada Porter, followed by Shiner Bock & Ziegen Bock. The latter two brewed in TX.

When we first moved to TX, we tried Lone Star once. That was awful. :wacko:

Randy loves Guinness and other dark stouts. I can't stand 'em. He says that since I don't like coffee, that could explain me not liking stout. I do like Harp Lager which is made by Guinness. He says more stout for him, and I'm totally okay with that. :rolleyes:

1.5 years with no posts. :)

I like draft beer. I like the fresh carbonation that gets put into it, as it's poured. I'd rather have a draft beer of a cheaper brand then a bottled beer of a sort of more pricier brand.

I like Guinness, Heineken. As for the less pricey brands, I like Molson Canadian (available on draft at a lot of local pubs since we're right below Ontario). I can even stomach Miller High Life (the champagne of beers).

It's interesting to see what beers people order at my favorite local pub. They have like 20 beers on tap (10 are high quality). Most people order draft beer (at least Sam Adams seasonal or better beer), while 30% order a bottle of Budweiser. It's like going to a steakhouse and ordering a hamburger. :)

I understand that there are many variations on bear. I know that beers from various places in Europe have amazing beers. But whatever variety is presented, it has alcohol in it and I just can't deal with that. That being the case, I have no business weighing in on this subject. I don't like the flavor, or the feeling I got from drinking alcoholic beverages.
The nuances of beers, and wines fascinates me though.

So, I;m going to start a thread about non-alcoholic beers, such as root beer, birch beer, etc. feel free to take a look and offer your input.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I've always avoided places that count and advertise the number of beers that they have on tap.

Depending on the bar or saloon, the kegs might be a good distance away from the tap, and unless you get a professional bartender that knows how much beer to pour off that's been sitting in the lines between the two, the first several pours of one of those dozens of beers that rarely get ordered have been sitting in the lines and have gone sour or stinky.

It's often a good policy to drink what is frwquently being poured.

Chief Longwind of the North, here in Europe, there is amazing alcohol free beer, that has all the taste none of the buzz. It is lovely, I prefer störtebeker.

Otherwise I am trapist or Schwartz beir person.

Our favorite is brewed at Racquette River Brewery in Tupper Lake NY in the Adirondack Mountains. Other than that we will have an occasional Sam Adams Lager.

I did try two new (to me) beers this summer. Both are IPA's and the tastes were what I would describe as dry and crisp.
Bell's Two Hearted from the UP Michigan
Deschutes Fresh Squeezed from Bend Oregon.
These were drank far enough apart from each other, so I can't say I prefer one over the other. Both were pleasant.

My preferred NA beer is Clausthaler Classic in the green bottle, import from Germany. It's a good thirst quencher on a hot day and tastes like real beer.

I've always avoided places that count and advertise the number of beers that they have on tap.

Depending on the bar or saloon, the kegs might be a good distance away from the tap, and unless you get a professional bartender that knows how much beer to pour off that's been sitting in the lines between the two, the first several pours of one of those dozens of beers that rarely get ordered have been sitting in the lines and have gone sour or stinky.

It's often a good policy to drink what is frwquently being poured.

Very true.

The other local pub near here only has 2 beers on tap, and the kegs are right under the tap system. Coors Light and LaBatt's Blue, so they're pretty fresh.

A friend of mine has a keg in his fridge in his garage, and the tap is on the outside of the fridge. He usually has Yuengling (a lager) in it. Nothing beats free, fresh, and properly poured beer. Ha.

The guy who supplies me with abalone helped someone with his start up brewery awhile back. The owner never forgot his help and today he gets free beer for life.:D That brewery is Lagunistas.

Pacifico lite over ice.... yes, I know... I am weird. :)
But in the hot Mexican sun .. it's wonderful!

What are 2 really good beers I should keep in my pantry?

I don't like beer but I would like to keep some handy for guests. To give you an idea of their taste, they like Bombay Sapphire and Maker's Mark.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom