"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks

Old 08-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
Sous Chef

Question Favorite Beer?

What are some of your favorite beers? Either brewery, brand or style would work here.

I like IPAs and Stouts, have a soft spot for Belgians. Especially, I very much enjoy Guinness Foreign Export Stout, and Chimay Blue.

So what beers do you turn to often?

Old 08-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
Head Chef

I don't like where this is going....too many choices

ad vert indulgence

See the above post about beer

making fish and chips

Old 08-17-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
Sous Chef

Yeah, Ive never used spiced ales in Fish & Chips, but I dont see why not.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:17 PM   #4
Senior Cook

My favorite is Sierra Nevada Torpedo Ale. There are so many microbrews springing up it is hard to keep track.
I recently had one called, of all things, Lizards Mouth! It is really nice, but on the expensive side. It is made by Figueroa Brewery in Santa Barbara California
Old 08-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
Sous Chef

I love that I've seen 16oz Torpedo cans at sports games. Great value!
Old 08-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Too many to choose from. Lately I have been into Spaten from Munich. Right balance of body and flavor. Can't be beat in an icy mug..I was on a Sam Adams kick for most of last year, but it is a colder weather beer IMHO....Not into North American style big brewery stuff very much....Enjoy a Steam Whistle Pilsner cold from the bottle....Bought some Milk Stout from Quebec during a recent trip. Not sure what that is all about. Still haven't gotten into it yet.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #7
Master Chef

I grew up with these guys, a sentimental favorite!

Old 08-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #8
Master Chef

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but every now and then I like one. Drinking an ice cold frosty mug of Foster's right now.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:54 PM   #9
Senior Cook

The strangest beer I have come across I found in Bamberg Germany. Actually Bevmo carries it here. It is called rauchbier, which means smoke beer. The barley is smoked the same way it is done for scotch whiskey. It is definitely an acquired taste, but if you like scotch, you would probably like it.
Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen a Smoked beer by Brauerei Heller, a brewery in Bamberg, Bavaria.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #10
Master Chef

A&W that we used to get in gallon jugs from the A&W hamburger joints when I was a kid. I also like Dad's, and Barque's root beer. Those are the only kind of beer I can tolerate. And I love the flavor. Oh, birch beer soft drink is pretty tasty as well.

Ok, I have to admit it. I had a Schlitz Tall Boy once, and only once, that tasted great. I was pulling stumps and cutting tag alderx in our block long back yard as an 18 year old (was legal drinking age in Michigan at the time), with one of my nest friends. We'd cut the tag alders, wrap a chain that was connected to a chain and tackle on a tripod, put tension of the roots, and chop them with an ax. We were busting our tails in the hot some to make an archery range, and it was a hot, July summer day. The beer was in a chest full of ice. I was so hot and thirsty from the hard work we were doing. That beer quenched the thirst like none other. It's the only beer I've ever had that tasted good to me, and only that time. My taste buds just aren't made for drinking beer. What can I say. And my body doesn't tolerate any kind of alcohol very well either.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
beer