Favorite Bottle Of Wine Under $10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3 Blind Moose, Mirasou, Ravenswood. Blind Moose cork cracks me up every time I read it. If I'm shopping for a $10-20 bottle, I usually just label shop. I also keep a wine diary, it's just as good as a recipie book.

Caine said:
BV Coastal Estates Cabernet Sauvignon 2004, from Sonoma County, California. Best Cabernet I have ever had, regardless of origin.

Cabernet Sauvignon is my favorite wine, Caine. I wonder if I can get the one you're recommending in my area.

Bear in mind, I live in a very rural area where daylight has to be piped in.

My birthday's coming up, maybe I'll put this on my list for Buck to get me.

Katie E said:
Cabernet Sauvignon is my favorite wine, Caine. I wonder if I can get the one you're recommending in my area.

Bear in mind, I live in a very rural area where daylight has to be piped in.

My birthday's coming up, maybe I'll put this on my list for Buck to get me.

I buy mine at a warehouse/restaurant supply store called Smart & Final for around $7.50, with a 15% discount if I buy a case (12 bottles) of wines, any kind. I have also seen it at Trader Joe's, but it was much more expensive, like maybe $12.75 or so.

I'm so jealous, Caine. We live in, as I said, a very rural area. Our biggest retailers are Sam's Club and Wal-Mart. No such thing as Trader Joe's (I wish.). Moved here from the Washington, D.C. area where so many things were easily available. Oh, well, that's life.

Well I found one the other day. I decided to try it because it was from Texas and you know how proud us Texans are. But dang it was actually good. It's Llano blush.

Any number of wines from the Côtes de Bordeaux (Côtes de Blaye, Côtes de Bourg, Premières Côtes de Bordeaux, Côtes de Francs and, especially - to me - Côtes de Castillon.

May people think, mistakenly, that Bordeaux is expensive. This doesn't stand up to scrutiny. There are plenty of good wines out there in the price bracket described.

Best regards,
Alex R.

2 bottles of Taylors Port for under 10$!!!

Great wine, good finish and smooth all the way, plus a winery with a great history and heritage....can't beat the price either! (Note...Somewhat strong as far as buzz, I only recommend a glass!)

Pinot Evil is a pretty good pinot--but the bottle is so totally worth it! There are a lot of French wines under $10 that are very nice--the "big" lables like Louis Jadot, B&G.

I would choose Bogle Chardonay as my fav under 10 dollars - It really is amazing the wines you can now purchase in this price range - Which is fine by me as I drink wine more than any other alcoholic beverage

Charleysaunt said:
Pinot Evil is a pretty good pinot--but the bottle is so totally worth it! There are a lot of French wines under $10 that are very nice--the "big" lables like Louis Jadot, B&G.
I have to ask - What does the bottle look like??

I just fell in love with Lindemans Cabernet Sauvignon Bin 45 this weekend. I always loved a merlot, but found this one much better!!!!!! Yes better than a merlot! :-p

I have two new favorites - both are from Anton Bauer. His Rosé and his Pinot Gris are superb!!! Austrian wines are definitely some of the best wines I have had lately. They are extremely "clean". Also, Hillinger Pinot Grigio (Austrian again) is great! All of these wines are $9.99.

OOPS - just looked - his Pinot Gris is $12.99 - strike that one.

So there are a bunch or good wines under $10. But the one I keep coming back to as a regular nipper is a white Spanish Rioja, viunu grape, a bit acidic, fruity, very much like a pinot gris. Marques de Caseres.

I really like the Trapiche Malbec; it usually retails for about $6.99.

Though not quite in the "Under Ten" range:

A very nice go-to wine is the Parker Estates "Old Vine Street" Cabernet; it is often available on sale for about $11.99.

The Bogle Petit Syrah is tasty, too. Usually retails at about $10.99.

2 bottles of Taylors Port for under 10$!!!

Great wine, good finish and smooth all the way, plus a winery with a great history and heritage....can't beat the price either! (Note...Somewhat strong as far as buzz, I only recommend a glass!)
Oh my gosh, Mikey, I love Taylor Port! It was what our church used for communion wine when I was growing up so I still feel very virtuous when I have a glass!

Back
Top Bottom