Favorite Bottle Of Wine Under $10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IronSides

Senior Cook
I was inspired by today blog post in bhg.com about good wines for cheap! My favorite one listed in this post is the Smoking Loon Cabsauv and my favorite one I can think of off the top of my head is RavensWood cabsauv (And yes I like Cabernet Sauvignon;)) assuming that you can find it under $10 sometimes package stores will charge a little more:mad:. What are peoples favorites under $10?

Ravenswood Vintner's Blend Zinfandel
Lindeman's Bin 40 Merlot
Coppola Classic Rosso
Robert Mondavi Private Selection Pinot Noir

Rawston's Retreat chardonney (Penfolds, Australia)
Charlie's Dog House chardonney (California)

my fav

my favorite wine is a nice bottle from Trader Joes. I recommend most of the white wines. They are cheap and very tasteful. I love the aroma. I would love to chat some more about it. Why don't you send me a mess. I learned a lot when I visited my best friend in Napa, California and we did a wine tasting. It was amazing. I am so jealous she lives there. I just love wine!! Its the best after for a nice long day.

Cheers, Liz

• Vina Borgia - Spanish 100% Garnacha for $5.99 - you will be surprised!
  • Côtes du Ventoux - Rhone Valley wine - excellent at $9.99
  • Saumur - nice French Chenin Blanc from the Loire Valley, slight sweetness - $8.99
    Boschendal Wines Le Petit Pavillon Paarl - $8.99

Being used to huge taxes on wines, its amazing here. We reagularly drink really pleasant wines for under 5euros, thhe same ones we would be paying a lot more for in UK. *sigh* oh well. We are meaning to try a good Barolo soon, but they ARE more pricey, and we are working our way through a variety of under 10E wines.

The ones I make myself...

I think I have the cost down to about $2.50/bottle USD now.. (Getting hard to refigure the cost on the bottles, since I recycle/reuse them)

John

BV Coastal Estates Cabernet Sauvignon 2004, from Sonoma County, California. Best Cabernet I have ever had, regardless of origin.

While I can't single any one out, I will say that I've been most pleased with under-$10 brands of Pinot Grigio, & always have one in the fridge for cooking & an occasional glass. Whether domestic or imported, they've all been very nice & well made.

I love Pinot Grigio too.
My favorite red lately is Coppola- Merlot. It costs more than $10.00 but not by much and is certainly worth the extra couple of dollars.

Turning Leaf Merlot
Little Penguin White Shirah
Beringer's White Merlot
Madison Ridge Zinfandel
Guess I drink alot of cheap wine!!!
Bottom's up with love and energy, Vicki

TATTRAT said:
Black Oak, Riesling
Alice White, lexia
Barefoot, Chard
Ravenswood,all of them
Tat, this one -- "Ravenswood,all of them" -- has me confused. Most of Ravenswood's wines cost a good deal more than $10. so all of which do you mean?

My faves? Banrock Station Shiraz, Chardonnay, Sparkling Chardonnay;
La Vieille Ferme, both red and white;
Perrin Reserve, both red and white;
Concha y Toro, Cab/Merlot and Syrah/Malbec,
Banfi, Col di Sasso and Le Rime.

I have finally started noting the under $10. wines in a purse notebook to take shopping with me - so these are new ones -

Barrelston tisdale, Merlot, $3.99 out of Modesto
Hyatt Vineyards, '04 merlot, $5.00, Yakima Valley (WA)
Crane Lake, '04 Petit Sirah, $3.99
L'Ecole No. 41 '05 CColumbia Valley Semillon, $8.50
Mastantuono Winery in Templeton, CA has some great tasting buys:
'05 Pinot Grigio, $4.
'04 Zin, $10.
'03 Syrah, $10
'05 Muscat Canelli, $8.
even.....a sparkling that's not half bad - $8.

and the best of all - my husband's '99 Zin - we just drank the last bottle last summer and it was still great!!!

I love this thread and I'm madly copying everything down!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom