Favorite Holiday Drink(s)-alcoholic/non-alcoholic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mexican mama

Senior Cook
I love a good holiday drink...whether its hot or cold as long as i can satisfy my festive mood and taste great i am happy...I sure love a good cream eggnog but some cool green/red margaritas wont hurt. Also a bubbly champagne is good for toasting. Share your fave holiday drinks here!!!also u can share your recipes if you want:chef:
creamy-punch-sl-1023657-x.jpg

I love egg nog too. Try it warmed up with a generous shot of rum in it. Warms ya right up on a cold night!!

I've also made a punch for Christmas breakfast - I mix equal parts of Cranberry juice (or Cran-cherry, Cran-raspberry), Cranberry Gingerale and Pineapple juice for the kids and then throw in some Champagne to taste for my boyfriend and I. Kind of a Holiday Mimosa if you will. Yum!!

I love Tom and Jerries..My dad taught me to make them his way and it's become a tradition with us. We also have egg nog, hot toddy, sparkling wine,flavored martini's, for the kids peppermint hot chocolate and various sodas..Name it and you can bet my sil can whip it up:LOL:
kadesma

Last edited:
my Dad usually gives us wine, though he blended us great drinks last holiday, predominantly pineapple, & i don't like pineapple too well, though this was delish! marischinos, too. i don't like the wine my Mom drinks, either, i like valpolicella, though i usually manage aa few glasses. :)

drinks

I love Tom and Jerries..My dad taught me to make them his way and it's become a tradition with us. We also have egg nog, hot toddy, sparkling wine,flavored martini's, for the kids peppermint hot chocolate and various sodas..Name it and you can bet my sil can whip it up:LOL:
kadesma

peppermint hot chocolate sounds so delightful...by the way what is a hot toddy???:LOL:

peppermint hot chocolate sounds so delightful...by the way what is a hot toddy???:LOL:
as a child I had a horrid cough at times or when someone was not up to parr, or just needed something hot and soothing, gramps would haul out the brandy,hot water,and several teaspoons of sugar,whisk it together to melt the sugar and we would just sip the drink.It really felt wonderful if you had a sore throat or any of the above, or just wanted something warm and comforting.
kadesma:)

We used to make our own eggnog but with the raw egg scare a few years back we don't make it anymore.

It was vanilla flavoring, 2 eggs, sugar, milk, and cinnamon whipped together.

Does anyone make this and still drink it?

hot toddy

as a child I had a horrid cough at times or when someone was not up to parr, or just needed something hot and soothing, gramps would haul out the brandy,hot water,and several teaspoons of sugar,whisk it together to melt the sugar and we would just sip the drink.It really felt wonderful if you had a sore throat or any of the above, or just wanted something warm and comforting.
kadesma:)
so thats what it is..thanks for the info.i will make some soon:chef:

Back
Top Bottom