Good "sweet and fruity" drink? (Inexpensive:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tusin

Assistant Cook
Hello. I have a double date planned for tomorrow. And the women are comming over here (I am cooking dinner). ANYWAYS. I have no IDEA what to do for the Cocktails. I know they want to have acouple. And I KNOW they like Sweet and Fruity. But I also dont have to much money right now to be buying a bunch of mixers, and different types of alcohols, etc.... Any suggestions? Even little sweet shooters too or somthing....

Thank you.

In keeping with your Italian dinner theme ... what about Blini? It's just peach puree and champagne ... usually about 1:1 ratio poured over ice, gently stirred, and strained into a fluted glass. If you don't have a blender to puree the peaches - peach nectar should also work, the texture will just be different.

Do your friends like caramel apples?
My favorite drink is
2 parts sour apple schnapps
to 1 part butterscotch schnapps
YUMMY! Tastes just like biting in to a caramel apple.

Or you could do Strawberry Margaritas
You just need a bottle of Margarita mix for that ( around 5 dollars at safeway)
and a bottle of Tequila. And Ice!!

The ladies I know love Cosmopolitans. They are supposed to be made with just a splash of cranberry juice for some color, but you can make the drink as fruity and sweet as you like by adding more juice.

4 parts Orange Vodka (you can use regular if you dont want to buy orange)
2 parts Cointreau or Triple Sec
1 part Lime juice (preferably fresh)
2 parts Cranberry juice

Shake over ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.

I recomend anything with midori by the sounds of it. Personally I would suggest one shot midori, pear nectar, one shot vodka and a little squirt of lime.

Midori is a melon flavored liqueur. Here is a link for more info. Midori. It is very sweet and has a very distinctive green color.

i would go with the cosmos. me and my crew love our cosmos. they're pretty drinks and they taste good.:)

My daughter loves those Arbor Mist flavored wine coolers...the strawberry one in particular. They are very reasonably priced.

Hypnotiq

Hypnotiq martini:
1. 2 part hypnotiq
2. 1 part vodka (or for more sweeter taste, Malibu rum)
3. splash of pineapple juice
4. garnish with a lemon or orange rind.

Pour from in the order of 1-3 and ice in the shaker, the harder and more you shake, the more flavor will be exposed.

Pour into martini glass and garnish.

Presentation will blow them away. Hypnotiq is blue-green in color, with a contrasting garnish in a nice martini glass.

Last edited:
Michael in FtW said:
In keeping with your Italian dinner theme ... what about Blini? It's just peach puree and champagne ... .

:) :) ummm.... [hugging Mike] I think you mean Bellini. A blini is a russian pancakey thing. Nevertheless, Bellinis are DELISH.

But what I might recommend is Red or White Sangria. Fruity, sweet, pretty cheap and perfect for summer.

Sangria is chopped up fruit, wine, brandy or cointreu, sugar and club soda.

I bought 2 cases of $2 wine and have been making sangria constantly this summer.

Back
Top Bottom