"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks

Old 10-25-2004, 11:48 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Re: Rum

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
Thanks for the picture and description. Sounds like a winner. I like molassas and did you say put it in ginger beer? We all like ginger beer here and if this is added to it must be good combination. Even found better price. I live in St Louis but Chicago is the place to be.
heya itk, a dark and stormy is 1/2 ginger beer, 1/2 gosling's black seal rum. it's the national drink of bermuda. they are potent, watch out......

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:30 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Goslings Black Seal Rum

buckytom: I am going to invest in the rum just to see how good it is. You sold me. And from Bermuda too. Bet that was a great place or didn't you like it. On my honeymoon went to Mexico and I don't want to go back no matter how beautyful it was. My ex came home with you know what because he said we should live the way they do. HO HO HO. 4-6 months later he still have souvenir of that place. Needless to say vanity was out the window. To the day our marriage ended he would not acknowledge he should have listened to me. I was fearful of other people telling me that I should take precaution he didn't want to listen. After 25 years he still never paid attention. Long time to not learn. Right? I wish I had a dark and stormy now when I think of time lost.

Old 10-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

sorry to hear that itk, but i'd imagine we'd be talking to you from prison if you had a few dark and stormy's.

bermuda was great. went there with an old girlfriend; stayed on an estate of friends of her family. got to ride horses on the beach all day, and drink good english beer and snifters of gran marnier with a nice cuban stogey at night. i brought my rollerblades and skated about 1/2 of the island with the ol' ball and chain on a moped following me. the bermuda police stopped us because they said it was against the law to skate on the raods there. but instead of giving us a hard time, they gave me a bottle of water, a newspaper, and a ride back to our estate. it was funny.

i would go there again, but dw is against going anywhere i'd been with ex's, so i doubt i'll ever see the pink sand beaches again. same goes with mexico and a few other places, sigh....

Old 10-27-2004, 12:38 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Boy, you got some nice memories! I love to read about them. Sounds like you had enjoyed yourself no matter what. I would like to go to Africa to see all the different wildlife there. The animals not the people. Understand they are kind of wild too in their own way. Saw the movie Out of Africa and looked so beautiful. Not lot of people to throw litter and put up theme parks yet. Wonder if it will stay that way? Why do people want to change the environment? I rather have mountains to look at than rides to go on. Guess you call me real killjoy but I like things in natural state. Even my food when I can. When I was younger my mother even let us eat raw eggs. Not bad but mixed with milk and banana. You got ex too? Guess after certain age it happens. Mine lasted 25 years that was enough for one lifetime. At least you got courage to try again. Wish you best and much more.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:42 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

thanks itk. this is my first marriage. i lived with my last 2 serious relationships for a few years each, so i consider them ex's.

i'm with you on the nature thing. give me a mountain or a beach or lake in it's natural state anyday, over cities and shopping malls and theme parks....

Old 10-28-2004, 04:21 PM   #16
Executive Chef

buckytom, I wish you lot of luck and happiness with your marriage. May it be your first and last. That is the best. Both my brothers try second time and said it would have been better if first marriage was last. Of course, my other brother his wife died and this girl married him 6 months later but no good either. Should have stayed single. Hope your wife feels the same way you do about nature. Doesn't cost that much either. As I said I wish you the best. You sound like good person and make me laugh when I read some of your posts.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:32 PM   #17
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
i would go there again, but dw is against going anywhere i'd been with ex's, so i doubt i'll ever see the pink sand beaches again. same goes with mexico and a few other places, sigh....
Buckytom,

You need to quit telling your wife where you've been!

:) Barbara