Grenadine Syrup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mexican mama

Senior Cook
I love grenadine syrups and i got tons of it....other than cocktails and drinks..how else can you use grenadine
resize

Flavoring sauces is what I came up with as well. Also, I suppose you could use it in baking to flavor and color cookies or cakes and breads.

I did a little reading and it seems grenadine is no longer made from pomegranates as it originally was.

I mix it with Club Soda to make a homemade soft drink that isn't too sweet.

Flavoring sauces is what I came up with as well. Also, I suppose you could use it in baking to flavor and color cookies or cakes and breads.

I did a little reading and it seems grenadine is no longer made from pomegranates as it originally was.

I read it to that its a combos of raspberry and other red colored fruits;)

Using Pomegranate syrup

use it in a glaze for chicken or meat. Or in sweet and sour sauce

I make my own pomegranate syrup, or grenadine. And I use about an ounce or two with a 1/4 teaspoon of cumin added to any meat sauce, gravy, tomato sauce. It adds a delicious layer of flavor.

To make the syrup, I clean about twenty pomegranates, yes I have a tree. I split them and then do the rest in a big pot of water so there is no big mess. It is all in the sink. I take out all the seeds a few pomegranates at a time, then put the clean seeds in a big soup pot. I keep going till the pot is about half full. I then add filtered water to just above the seeds, and boil for 5 minutes, then reduce to a simmer for about two hours. Make sure the water doesn't boil out. When the seeds look soft and mushy I pour off and save all the liquid. Then I take about a cup of the cooked seeds at a time and place them in a cone shaped collendar and use a cone pestal to smash out the juice. You can use a wooden spoon and a strainer, but it is slower. Dump the seeds, save the liquid. Repeat.

Take all the saved liquid and strain it, then put back into a big clean soup pot. Add a half cup of sugar and simmer about three hours. It will thicken up some. Then bottle it, refrigerate, or make ice cubes and save frozen. Use it all year long! ENJOY! If you want to thicken it more and use like pancake syrup it need more sugar. I use it in gravy and drinks in a thinner form!

good for u!

I make my own pomegranate syrup, or grenadine. And I use about an ounce or two with a 1/4 teaspoon of cumin added to any meat sauce, gravy, tomato sauce. It adds a delicious layer of flavor.

To make the syrup, I clean about twenty pomegranates, yes I have a tree. I split them and then do the rest in a big pot of water so there is no big mess. It is all in the sink. I take out all the seeds a few pomegranates at a time, then put the clean seeds in a big soup pot. I keep going till the pot is about half full. I then add filtered water to just above the seeds, and boil for 5 minutes, then reduce to a simmer for about two hours. Make sure the water doesn't boil out. When the seeds look soft and mushy I pour off and save all the liquid. Then I take about a cup of the cooked seeds at a time and place them in a cone shaped collendar and use a cone pestal to smash out the juice. You can use a wooden spoon and a strainer, but it is slower. Dump the seeds, save the liquid. Repeat.

Take all the saved liquid and strain it, then put back into a big clean soup pot. Add a half cup of sugar and simmer about three hours. It will thicken up some. Then bottle it, refrigerate, or make ice cubes and save frozen. Use it all year long! ENJOY! If you want to thicken it more and use like pancake syrup it need more sugar. I use it in gravy and drinks in a thinner form!
Looks like a lot of work but good for u for making your own Grenadine syrup.:chef:

I love grenadine syrups and i got tons of it....other than cocktails and drinks..how else can you use grenadine

I buy Monin syrups online, have all kinds for non alcoholic use. There are some recipes at the Monin website. I've used syrups in home made ice cream, hot chocolate, puddings, cakes, with seltzer soda, slushies, smoothies and coffee, and Iced tea , also in milk...

There actually are a few genuine Grenadine syrups out there, but they're pretty hard to find. I believe I bought mine at a "Fresh Market" grocery store.

The brand is "Strirrings" (Home | Stirrings)

They even have real sugar instead of corn syrup!

resize

If you don't have a supersweet grenadine, and you add some cumin and garlic and onion, you have a delicious base for any beef, pork or lamb stew or meat dinner. Pour it over the meat along with your favorite seasonings, and it is delicious! A middle eastern favorite!

Back
Top Bottom