Grey Goose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Ever since you mentioned Grey Goose I just can't keep any of it in the house. Seems to be like bread or milk, always need more. The stuff is so smooth. The bottles are hard to recycle. Wish it had bigger opening could make a vase out of it. GB how is your supply? You have any left? What are you making w/yours or do you just add ice? Never thought I could drink something alone but this is so pure.

Thanks for telling me about it. The store doesn't keep in on open shelf. Have to ask at Courtesy Desk for bottle and pay for it same time. Must be really in demand if have to take extra effort to get it.

Just to let you know I am thinking of you.

So funny that you mentioned this today ITK. I just bought myself a new bottle yesterday. I buy it at BJ's where they have an excellent price. With this stuff I just drink it with ice. At the very most I might add a touch of vermouth and an olive, but that is as much as I would add. Usually I just have it over rocks though.

I went to a friends party a couple of months ago and all they had was good rum and good vodka: I decided to stick to vodka, in this case it was Grey Goose, and unfortunately had way too much to drink. As expected, the next morning I was dehydrated, however, much to my surprise I had not a hint of hangover!! This stuff is so clean!!

Yeah that is how I felt this morning Seven S :) a bit dry, but my head and body were fine.

I don't need no derned ice cubes. Mine is always in the freezer.
19.gif

I used to keep mine in the freezer too half baked until I spoke to a bartender who told me that is not really the best thing to do. The reason is that some of the ice is supposed to melt into the vodka. The small amount of water mixes with the vodka to produce something that is different than just the vodka alone.

Of course this is not a hard and fast rule so you need to do what you like the best.

Company

I always like to have company when I drink this vodka. When you have the best you sure suffer less. As you say, next day ready to have some more. No side effects that I notice. GB so good you can get it at price you can afford. I surely don't know why everyone has different prices. I never see it on special sale. As I said, must be demand for it. They have said you can't smell vodka when someone drinks it. Is that true you think or can you ask someone if they notice anything? Just another reason to make right choice.

I keep my vodkas in the freezer, but I don't drink vodka straight either. If you're a straight vodka on the rocks type of person then it doesn't need to be in the freezer, b/c the bartender was right, the slight amount of water from the ice affects the taste. I use mixers for my vodka so this is not the case. Anything that I do drink on the rocks is not frozen, and I actually sometimes stir in just a little bit of water to my drinks in addition to the ice.

I gotcher grey goose, right heeeya:brows: And I know what you mean about not being able to keep it in the house. I think the bottle is lovely. I've filled the bottom with white sand, and placed light sticks in them, then put them in the yard, around the garden during parties. The effect is very pretty.

Idea

VeraBlue, thanks for sharing your idea about the bottles. I feel so bad when I have to part w/something so pretty. I figure had about 6 bottles by now. Would have made a set. So I will start w/one I have. Another reason to get more!!!

Now I know you can smell vodka won't drink w/friends from church. Don't they call those kind of people closet drinkers or something like that? HalfBaked are you sure it was vodka?

Last edited:
We have an artist friend who works mostly with glass. One of the cooler (and extremely simple) things that she has done is taken a pretty bottle, like the grey goose bottle, and put it in the kiln laying down on its side. The bottle collapses on itself and turns into a long dish sort of. It is kind of hard to explain so I will try to remember to take a picture of one next time I am at my parents house. the images on the bottle do not change, just the shape of the bottle. My parents use their as a nut dish when they have people over.

Van Gogh Vodka has magnificent bottles, too.

Inthekitchen, I can always smell the 'alcohol' on a person's breath. I may not be able to tell exactly what type it is but it's like the smell of rubbing alcohol, for the lack of a better explanation.

GB said:
We have an artist friend who works mostly with glass. One of the cooler (and extremely simple) things that she has done is taken a pretty bottle, like the grey goose bottle, and put it in the kiln laying down on its side. The bottle collapses on itself and turns into a long dish sort of. It is kind of hard to explain so I will try to remember to take a picture of one next time I am at my parents house. the images on the bottle do not change, just the shape of the bottle. My parents use their as a nut dish when they have people over.

She should sell them on ebay where we'd all have a chance to buy them. I think it sounds really neat.

She mainly just sells them at art shows and in her studio. I do not think she has dabbled into eBay at all.

Send the picture to Grey Goose and see what they say? Maybe not, the price might go up. What a good idea! Just proves how unique everyone is in their ideas. I am sure glad it doesn't break when she does it. Must be a brave soul. Thanks GB.

Back
Top Bottom