Homemade Baileys anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melzie

Assistant Cook
has anyone made homemade baileys before? I've been looking at recipes online and been interested in making it. Many of the recipes call for eggs and just blended with ingredients for 5 minutes. is that safe?

your post just sent me hunting for my recipe from over 30 yrs ago, and i can't find it! if mine had egg in the recipe, i personally wouldn't add it now...good luck

I've used this recipe before and it's very good. Scroll down to the second one listed, ie, no eggs. (I didn't have any Irish whiskey, so I used Jack Daniels plus a little bourbon, and heavy cream instead of light):
Homemade Bailey's Irish Cream
Homemade Baileys - Spirits - Chowhound

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll have to try it out. A friend of mine made it with the egg and it was amazing but I don't know if I wanna chance making it.

that's an interesting point. would alcohol, the kind ypu drink, be enough to kill off the nasties in raw eggs for those with weaker constitutions?

The odds of getting sick from a raw egg are really, really low. And the whole problem wouldn't even exist if the chicken factories didn't feed chopped up chicken parts to the chickens they sell. Why the FDA allows it is beyond me.

The odds of getting sick from a raw egg are really, really low. And the whole problem wouldn't even exist if the chicken factories didn't feed chopped up chicken parts to the chickens they sell. Why the FDA allows it is beyond me.

I think they can get salmonella without eating chopped up chicken parts. But, there are ways to prevent salmonella. They don't have salmonella in the eggs or chickens in Sweden.

Homemade baileys sounds amazing and something i've never even considered. If adding the egg makes all the difference then I would definitely go for it. Just make sure the eggs you use are fresh and good quality.

Back
Top Bottom