Homemade Eggnog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey All,

Okay, love the eggnog lattes (Starbucks anyone?)...
But they are too expensive to purchase daily, so I limit myself to 2x per week :angel: .
At anyrate, I have recipes for homemade eggnog, and I have my latte machine, which is used daily, but I don't have any experience w/ steaming homemade eggnog.
Can any of you foodies lend some insight please... Think about it, the eggs and cream, will the eggs curdle? How long does homemade eggnog last w/out all the preservatives?
In Seattle the eggnog came out now, and here in good ol hurricane central, no one knows... So, I thought I'd make my own.
I have even perfected the caramel sauce to make caramel macchiattos (sp)... (Starbucks anyone else??)
Okay, thanks. I need to get my frappe from the fridge now, (cases of Starbucks Frappes from Costco anyone?) (I just get a kick out of myself sometimes) :huh:
B.

Alright this is coming from the 3 years of being a barista. You might be able to find a powdered eggnog mix that you add to your milk and that would work.
I used to make eggnog with 1 egg, 1C sugar, some vanilla extract, milk and some nutmeg. It all goes in the blender and frappe'd. Store it in the fridge.

When it comes to steeming it the temp of the milk or eggnog shouldn't go over 140 F Once it does it will start to scald. The amount the egg is basically whipped into the milk, So any particle would be small enough that you wouldn't notice it, If you do notice egg particles in the homemade, pour it through a strainer when you add it to your espresso.

See if you can find the mix to add, it would probably be the best place to start.

If you want a good cold drink, try this.
fill the glass you plan on using half full of ice,
add 1/2 and 1/2 to cover the ice.
add any flavor you want.
Add 2 shots of espresso last.
all of this goes in your blender, blend on high until it the ice is gone.
It is just like the frappicino's at starbucks. And you don't need the mix.

Back
Top Bottom