HURRICANE: Throw me some beads, mister!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

callie

Head Chef
It's Mardi Gras time!! Mr. callie and I are each self-employed so we close every year on Mardi Gras. We always make a big pot of cajun food and pitchers of Hurricanes. Our friends know to stop by on their lunch hours to pass a good time...Here's our recipe for Hurricanes. I'd love to hear yours!!

Hurricane-New Orleans Style

1 serving

1 oz white rum
1 oz Jamaican rum
1 oz Bacardi 151 proof rum (uh-we leave this one out and double up on one of the other rums)
3 oz orange juice with pulp
3 oz unsweetened pineapple juice
1/2 oz grenadine
crushed ice

Combine all ingredients, mix well (shake or stir). Pour over crushed ice. Garnish with fruit wedge.

It's some good, cher!!

Never had one. Don't know if I can now with the meds :eek:) I would have loved to try it before though. I have a bartender book at home that is pretty worn from trying all the drinks.

tg - hurricanes are probably a no-no for you...these drinks pack a punch! sorry. :(

callie said:
tg - hurricanes are probably a no-no for you...these drinks pack a punch! sorry. :(

Yep, the only thing that I have been brave enough to drink is the Arbour Mist wines and my Kahlua white russians in the little 4 packs.:mrgreen:

This is my kind of drink! Thank you! I will be trying one or two or three. lol

wow sounds like I would feel like I had been in a hurricane after a few of them... LOL, sounds devine :)

The hurrican drinks are so good. Had a few when I was in NO a few years back.i am so glad i got to see it before the disaster. Thanks for the recipe Callie, I'll be making some soon.

you're welcome, thumper, pds...they will taste better on Feb. 28 - Fat Tuesday!! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom