Interesting beers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phu

Assistant Cook
I enjoy a good stout, and can deal with your standard domestic fare if nothing else is available, but there are some beers that are just a lot more interesting.

Blue Moon is a good one. Nothing terribly expensive, and pretty widely available; it's a Belgian white ale. Absolutely delicious, and very good when served in a glass with a slice of orange.

One I tried recently that I love is Seadog Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale. Again, pretty cheap, but this stuff is amazing -- IT TASTES LIKE BLUEBERRY WAFFLES! Now I'm not a breakfast person, but I love that taste, and if I can get that AND get buzzed at the same time? Sign me up. It's a bit of a gimmick (they also have a raspberry I haven't tried), but the execution is quite good. :)

Anyone else have a distinctive brew they're partial to?

phu said:

If by "a" distinctive brew, you mean several hundred, then yes, yes I do. :mrgreen:

Just about any Belgian Lambic - either straight, or the fruit flavored.
Berliner Weisbier - again, either straight, or with the numerous flavorings.
Belgian Wit - Celis White and Hoegaarden top Blue Moon (IMHO) - but I like them all
Pale Ales, Stouts, and Barleywines! Mmmm.... Barleywines.....

You could almost say I'm a commonsewer of Beer.

John

phu said:
I enjoy a good stout, and can deal with your standard domestic fare if nothing else is available, but there are some beers that are just a lot more interesting.

Blue Moon is a good one. Nothing terribly expensive, and pretty widely available; it's a Belgian white ale. Absolutely delicious, and very good when served in a glass with a slice of orange.

One I tried recently that I love is Seadog Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale. Again, pretty cheap, but this stuff is amazing -- IT TASTES LIKE BLUEBERRY WAFFLES! Now I'm not a breakfast person, but I love that taste, and if I can get that AND get buzzed at the same time? Sign me up. It's a bit of a gimmick (they also have a raspberry I haven't tried), but the execution is quite good. :)

Where do you live Phu? I only ask because you mentioned that blueberry ale. I like domestic beers myself, hubby prefers imported brews like stella, though he recently tried samuel adams and like that alot, he's into lagers, Im not. Nor do I like ale's.

Not much for Sam Adam's myself... there was one seasonal I liked, not sure if it was winter or summer.

I live in FL, just north of Orlando.

I've noticed both. One is October fest I think, so that would be fall here, and then there are several other versions of Samual Adams, lager, stout, ale. As far as the seadog blueberry beer, it's brewed here in Maine, which is where I live, so it's nice to see others from around the states enjoying it.

Samuel Adams Boston Lager is my regular beer. When I can get it, I buy their Winter Lager. It's my favorite beer.

Andy M. said:
Samuel Adams Boston Lager is my regular beer. When I can get it, I buy their Winter Lager. It's my favorite beer.

Ahh, we posted at the same time. Yes my husband loves the Samuel Adams Boston Lager for now. What is the winter lager, is it the same as the October version?

Back
Top Bottom