Is it bad to leave alcohol in a warm/hot car?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Selkie said:
The brewerys are regional in order to cut down on the shipping time. It's chilled at the end of the brewing process, it's chilled during brewery storage, it's chilled in refrigerated trucks between the brewery and the stores, and then placed into refrigerated display cases.

No large retailer or Convenience Stores have the refrigeration capacity/space to display the volume of beer they move...That's why you see end cap, wing, and free standing displays all over stores in non refrigerated areas. Distributor and store personnel routinely move beer from these displays in to refrigeration. Also it is not uncommon to see pallets/cases of beer in retailers store/back rooms...Again this beer is moved by distributor/store folks to where it is needed...refrigerated or dry. HTH!

The real problem with leaving booze in the car, is that if your car is stolen you're out all the booze :(

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, GB. I've seen enough grimaces appear on the faces of people who've had similar experiences, as I've told them about mine, to think it was a coincidence. Test your theory at your own risk; you've been warned.

I once left a PBR (Paps Blue Ribbon) in my 68 Charger RT. That was a hot car. The beer tasted kinda flat.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, GB. I've seen enough grimaces appear on the faces of people who've had similar experiences, as I've told them about mine, to think it was a coincidence. Test your theory at your own risk; you've been warned.

Your theory has been tasted many-many times. Heck, I'm coming from the Soviet Union, where there were no refrigerator units and beer in the summer (street vendors) was sold nearly hot, I’m not even talking about warm. It was chilled and re-child more than ones I’m sure, and it never made anybody puke. The only reason anybody would puke from drinking beer is if one is not able to hold its liquor or drinks one of those so called beer that more resemble yellow water than beer.

Well, it remains a mystery then. Because I've met others who have had the same experience; like I said, enough that it doesn't seem a coincidence. It even seemed to be common knowledge amongst many to whom I've told my embarrassing story. Maybe it has to do with the beer being opened already when it got warm and was re-chilled. Maybe it was the type of beer. I only had one; it was not a "can't hold my liquor" thing. One beer ≠ me horking in the bushes. I just know it happened, and I don't wish it on anyone.

Well, it remains a mystery then. Because I've met others who have had the same experience; like I said, enough that it doesn't seem a coincidence. It even seemed to be common knowledge amongst many to whom I've told my embarrassing story. Maybe it has to do with the beer being opened already when it got warm and was re-chilled. Maybe it was the type of beer. I only had one; it was not a "can't hold my liquor" thing. One beer ≠ me horking in the bushes. I just know it happened, and I don't wish it on anyone.
It could have had nothing to do with the beer at all and was just a coincidence that you were drinking. You could have just caught something that made you throw up and then be fine after.

Anything's possible. It would probably be easier for me to believe it was a coincidence if I hadn't spoken to others who have had similar experiences.

Back
Top Bottom