Is vodka fattening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gray Goose

HI GB, I tried to get Gray Goose like you said. I couldn't find it and asked manager said I have to ask for it when I check out. He said, 'it tends to get legs and leave the store'. They keep it behind the courtesy counter. With all my groceries I forgot it when I checked out. Must be pretty good if they want to take it off the shelf? Have to try again next week.

Yeah I can imagine they do grow legs quite often. It is expensive and easy to steal unfortunately.

buckytom said:
hiya itk, always glad to read your posts. i don't think there's another member here, nay, human alive that has a bigger heart than yours (and i don't mean dilated cardiomyopathy :) ). hope all's well with you, and give your doggies a bone and bowl of water and ice ubes for me.
when i was a boy, on really hot days (we didn't have air conditioning) my mom gave our dog a bowl of ice water, and would let her sleep on a cool sheet on the concrete basement floor. it seemed to help.

lol, oops, sorry, wrong post. this is the vodka thread. i was just reading the dog one. oh well, maybe the dogs might like a jigger...(kidding!)

and corey, i'm sure you look much thinner after a few vodkas.

"heya baby, what's your s-s- sign. i'm a, i'm a feces...."

I've got actual proof that vodka REALLY IS fattening.

In the LITTLE book The Calorie King Calorie Fat & Carbohydrate Counter, it says that all liquors 80 proof and up, and that includes vodka, for the measurements listed;

1 fl. oz is 65 calories.

1-1/2 fl. oz (1 shot) is 100 calories.

3 fl. oz (Double shot) is 200 calories.

Half of a bottle (350 mi) is 81o calories.

One 700-mi bottle is 1620 calories.

And the higher the proof of alcohol, the higher the calories. But there are no carbs.

Go to http://www.CalorieKing.com for more info.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
In the Kitchen said:
GB you did say you liked this one didn't you? Or did I forget?
I sure did. Vodka is my drink of choice and Grey Goose is what I pick whenever I can.

Thank you

GB I thank you for sharing your opinion w/me. I know others have made comments about their choices too, but I guess Grey Goose is one I often hear friends talk about. I will surely let you know how I feel when I get it. Everyone has statistics to back up the fact that it does make a difference in how it affects the body. Weight! Just seems can't have any fun w/o some kind of price to pay.

Thanks buckytom for the nice words. I always feel happy when I read all the thoughts on this site. All the people here don't seem like they want to harm you or make you upset. Just driving down the road makes me weak. No t only the weather but cell phones, road rage, etc. Maybe that's why I brought up the topic of vodka. Kind of dulls the emotion one gets. bucky, you always make a person smile, if not laugh out loud. When that happens anyone in the room wants explanation of why my sudden ou tburst.

Corey

Corey you have really lot of information there. Guess as you said shouldn't drink that often. It is especially nice in the summer. I can't recall what I do in the winter. I know I drink wine more in winter. Probably causes gout too! Well, I wanted to know and I find out that I am not doing my body any good by drinking. If I just look at the bottle that won't hurt will it?

Be funny if you want to, but..........;

Basically, acolohol has and serve absulutely no nutritional value. I've proven that it IS all fattening. It's mainly the sugar content in it after it's processed.

You do your body more harm than good, and if you indulge in it too much too often, it damages your liver, impairs your driving, gets you sick and more.
Some people have even gotten so drunk that they choked on vomit and died.

Trust me, it happened to one of my brothers. My other brtothers, they drink alcohol on a daily basis - morning, noon and night or other than on the job. And who knows if they don't do it for sure them?!

So, not only is vodka fattening, but all other liquors and spirits are as well.

~Corey123.

ITK:

Enjoy your vodka in moderation and don't worry about whether it's fattening or not. It is, but that's a small price to pay for a little relaxation and enjoyment.

I'm trying to lose some weight, so even though vodka IS my favorite liquor, I AM enjoying it in moderation ( two drinks per day), as you suggest.

Instead of drinking it with regular cola, I now have it with diet cola. And a twist of lime.

~Corey123.

Sounds like a good compromise. I think you need some "goodies" when you're trying to lose weight.

Yes, you're rewarded with those "little luxurys" now, if you are a diabetic and you stick to the regimen of monitoring your blood glucose level twice a day and eating more healthy foods instead of thost starches and sweets all the time.

~Corey123.

Friends

You are such good friends. Andy M and Corey. You know just what i need! Sometimes we need little nudge to understand life. Just like when you are little and they want you to jump into water. Feels so good when you do. Thanks and the same goes for both of you. Think of me when you enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom