ISO Good Drink for Ski Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chave982

Senior Cook
Ok, so I'm going on a ski trip to the Poconos next week where I will have a condo to myself. Any ideas on what sorta drink would be nice to mix? I would like to have an idea so I know what kind of liquor to buy and take with me.

I'm not looking for a warm drink, just a nice one to have by myself during the evenings or to share with any "snow bunnies" I meet up there. ;)

What do you like to drink? Wine, some kinds of hard booze like gin, or bourbon, or something like a nice liquor such as Fra Angelica (?sp).

It is your weekend. Give us a clue what you like.

When skiing we always used to make Rocket Fuel. It was a big hit with the ladies. It is just hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps.

Ok, definetely not skilled enough to make one of these from scratch...LOL

Ah man, they are too easy.

Makes one high ball:

1 oz Gin, Vodka, White Rum, Trip Sec (those are the 4 clears)

3 oz lemon mix

1/2 oz Tequila

splash of coke

Practice on one, you can change the sourness or sweetness by changing the amounts of lemon mix or coke.

When skiing we always used to make Rocket Fuel. It was a big hit with the ladies. It is just hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps.

Rocket Fuel?:ohmy: Just what kind of ladies did you share this drink with?
We called them "Snugglers".... for a kinder, gentler, errrr.... nation :LOL:

I know you said you didn't want 'warm' drinks, but this is so simple there is no excuse for not having it in your arsenal :rolleyes:

Bottled apple cider or apple juice
Vodka, Rum, Apple Jack or Apple Schnapps
Cinnamon sticks

Mix the proportions to your liking, add a cinnamon stick, put in the microwave for a minute (not longer than 1½). Stir and enjoy.

These two are my favorites for special occasions. VERRRY relaxing. I only drink one of either, per sitting. Probably have two of each a year.

Dirty Martini
Dirty Martini (The Webtender)

Sake-tini
2 1/2 oz Vodka
1 1/2 tsp Sake that has been warmed in a microwave
1 slice of cucumber

Heat the sake in the microwave until warm. Pour the vodka into a martini glass, pour the warm sake over it. Float a cucumber slice in the glass.

Also, warm sake is a joy in itself.

Lee

Last edited:

Rocket Fuel?:ohmy: Just what kind of ladies did you share this drink with?
We called them "Snugglers".... for a kinder, gentler, errrr.... nation :LOL:
Well we were a group of guys hoping to share this drink with the ladies. When we were mixing it up it would have not gone over well if a group of 6 guys were in the kitchen alone making snugglers :ROFLMAO:

I know, no warm drinks, but I'm breaking the rules anyway.

Heat ginger ale in the microwave till hot. Add brandy & a small wedge of lemon.

Well we were a group of guys hoping to share this drink with the ladies. When we were mixing it up it would have not gone over well if a group of 6 guys were in the kitchen alone making snugglers :ROFLMAO:

Point well taken :ermm:
Actually a small ski resort by me calls them this.

What happened to steak and potato girl??
Actually just a plain ol glass of a good Brandy or Cognac.
Martinis are great
Hot buttered rum

What happened to steak and potato girl??
Actually just a plain ol glass of a good Brandy or Cognac.
Martinis are great
Hot buttered rum

Haha...well that date went very well, and she'll probably be visiting at some point. I'll actually be there for 8 whole days..my oldest brother just seperated from his wife and doesn't have a use for his "Valentine's Week Getaway" anymore, so I get the place to myself, for free!:cool:

Ok, I changed my mind about "no warm drinks"...this sounds awesome. Never bought any kind of schnapps before...what popular name are they sold under?

DeKupers or something like that. I can't remember the exact name. In this drink brand will not really matter.

Never heard them called Rocket Fuel, Pix. Unless you were using the 100 proof version of peppermint schnapps?

Those are some darn tasty beverages though. Butterscotch schnapps is a popular addition to hot chocolate as well.

We always go with Polish Blackberry brandy ([SIZE=-1]Jezynowka[/SIZE][SIZE=-1])[/SIZE] when we're on the slopes. Afterwards, we don't really have a standard "drink", just whatever seems good at the lounge, or is in the fridge at the condo (Depending on where we are). :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom