ISO: Killer Eggnog Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ahhhh... I was hoping you were going to put a Killer recipe here.
I've come to expect that from you. lol.

Have a good day!
I'm off to Christmas shop.

pdswife said:
ahhhh... I was hoping you were going to put a Killer recipe here.
I've come to expect that from you. lol.

Have a good day!
I'm off to Christmas shop.

Thank you, pds. Maybe I'm jumping ahead to thoughts of New Year's recipes, but I never have eggnog except maybe once a year. I think I have a recipe somewhere for eggnog cake. Guess visions of sugarplums are dancing in my head. :)

lol, pdswife, i thought the same thing. it was "oh man, mish is posting another recipe. my spare tire is getting big enough to fit a truck, thanks to her".

I know... If I cooked every recipe that Mish posted... I'd
be as big as a house. My tummy sure would be happy though.:):):)

Thank you. You are all in inspiration to me. :blush:

Since I love little tiny portions - how about some eggnog shots :mrgreen: I'm sort of half kidding...but well a little rum and eggnog in an ice cube tray...could it work? Or - how about an eggnog panna cotta or flan?

Last edited:
mish, I just went lookin' for mom's holiday eggnog but can't find the recipe. I could have sworn I posted it somewhere in here. It's real good.

And when are you going to post the recipe for the eggnog flan????????

Yes, Mish, I DO have a killer eggnog recipe! By far, the best in the universe.

Several years ago, I tried this at a neighbor's house and had to wait an entire year for her to find the recipe again to give me. I made it and it makes a LOT!! Maybe a third more than what's in the bowl in the picture. It's good leftover, but best the night you make it.

Also, as far as your shots go, that's a great idea, since this is so rich and foamy. I didn't have a punch set, so I served this in a borrowed trifle bowl, with an eclectic array of various glasses: martinis, wines, desserts, ballentine beer glasses, liqueur glasses, etc. People could take as little or as much as they wanted, as they chose their own glasses.

I will be making this again this year.

Lee

BEITU (Best Eggnog in the Universe)

1 dozen eggs, separated
½ teaspoon salt
2 ½ cups sugar
2 (or more) cups bourbon
½ cup rum
1 quart milk
2 tablespoons vanilla
3 pints cream

Beat egg yolks with salt. Add ½ cup sugar and beat until thick. Mix in bourbon, rum, quart of milk, and vanilla. Beat egg whites till foamy. Add remaining sugar to egg whites and beat till stiff. Whip cream until stiff. Fold egg whites and whipped cream into booze/milk mixture.

Chill well before serving.

Attachments

• eggnog 2003.jpg
    eggnog 2003.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 259
WOWEEE, Qsis! That looks delicious, very creamy and rich. Yummy! I want to jump right in. :) Great idea serving it in martini glasses. THANK YOU.

Mud, I've never had eggnog flan or eggnog shots - I was sort of picturing it in my head & thinking of creative nog ideas. Nog for thought. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom