Jello shots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
These are so much fun for a party...just bring out a tray full every once in a while and pass it around. I use little paper cups or plastic sauce cups, and use a turkey baster to fill them.
You can provide plastic spoons if you want. We usually just suck'em out of the cups.

Margarita shots
• Lime Jell-O, large box or two small boxes
• 2 cups boiling water
• 1 cup cold water
• 1/2 cup Tequila
• 1/4 cup Triple Sec

Bocce Ball Jiggle Shots
• Two small boxes (or one large) Orange Jell-O
• One cup boiling water
• One-half cup Amaretto

Carribean Sunset Jell-O
• 1 large box of Orange Jell-O, or two small boxes
• 2 cups boiling water
• 1 1/2 cups cold water
• 1/2 cup Rum

Daiquiri Jell-O
• Large Box (or two smalls) Lime Jell-O
• 2 cups boiling water
• 1+1/4 cup cold water
• 1/4 cup Triple Sec
• 1/4 cup Dark Rum
• 1/4 cup Light Rum

Fuzzy Navel Jell-O #1 - Figmo's Favorite
• Small box of Orange Jell-O.
• 1 cup boiling water
• 1/3 cup cold water
• 2/3 cup Peach Schnapps (approx 30 proof)

Honolulu Mai Tai Jell-O
• Mixed Fruit Jell-O or "Tropical Punch" jell-o, small box.
• 1 cup boiling water
• 1/2 cup Dark Rum
• 1/4 Light Rum
• 1/4 cup pineapple juice (canned, don't use fresh-squeezed)

Scary Yellow Pina Colada Jell-O #1
• Pineapple Jell-O, large box (4 cup size)
• 2 cup boiling water
• 1 1/3 cup cold water
• 2/3 cup Coconut-flavored Rum (such as Malibu or Coco-Rhum)
• Or: 2 cup boiling, 1 cup cold, 1 cup coconut rum for stronger "shots")

Strawberry Daiquiri Jell-O #2
• Use large box or 2 small boxes of Wild Strawberry Jell-O.
• 3.25 cups water (half or all of it boiling)
• 1/2 cup Light Rum
• 2 TBLS. fresh lime juice.
• 3 TBLS. Triple Sec

Tequila Sunrise Jell-O Shots
• 1 large box (4 cup size) or 2 small boxes (2 cup/400-500 ml size) Orange Jell-O
• 2 cups water
• 2 cups Tequila
• Grenadine
• cupcake pans
• cupcake liners
I do a variation of [Margarita Jell-O] with Orange Jell-O and tequila. When making Orange Jell-O I use tequila for the 2 cups of "hot water", once it's mixed I add 2 cups cold water, pour into cupcake pans (with liners) and let set. Using a bit less cold water and pouring a splash of grenadine into the individual cups makes a nice sunrise effect

Attachments

• jello shots.JPG
    jello shots.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 246
WHOA!!! I had no idea there were so many different varieties. Copying...pasting...THANKS!

:ohmy: :cool:
We've only gotten jello and added 1/2 the water and used liquer for the other 1/2. I'll have to try some of these when we get together again. They all sound really good, Thank you!!

That takes me back to my college days. Don't use them over light colored carpet. I've had a few friends that have had to replace their carpet after a few people had a little too many :)

these are definitely delish. just be very careful. the one and only time i ever got alcohol poisining was after doing jello shots in high school. to this day i can't eat strawberry jello...actually i'm not particularly fond of any flavor of jello since that incident. :(

Middie, believe it :mrgreen: I never had jello shots before. Heard of it the first time. Also my friends in the US never told me of it :mad: But now I know :LOL:

Put the ice cube tray in the freezer. It comes out like sherbet & makes an interesting side with cheesecake or dessert.

I love jello shots but they can be very dangerous!! I tend to have more than I need because I forget what's really in them. Thanks for sharing these!

That's the prime site, Kingfisher. I originally came across it on the old Jimmy Buffet page. (HB and I are Parrotheads...ie Buffet fans.) I think Baden was a fraternity brat when he first started it.
We used to have a big Margaritaville party every year, and jello shots were a big hit, along with the Alcoholic Whale.
Now, our friends fix jello shots for just about every get-together.

I wonder if you can alter the amount of water or gelatin in order to make jello shot jigglers. I think it would be easier than having to suck the jello out of a shot glass.

A couple of bars that I've been to use large plastic syringes to suck the jello mixture into before it jells. It works pretty good because you just squirt the shot into your mouth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom