Lemoncello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Anyone hear of this Lemoncello? What is it used for? Seemed this was only one left so I took it and wanted to find out how to drink it or use it. Thanks.

Laughed

No one thought I was stupid to buy this just because everyone else did? Thank you for your kindness and understanding my ignorance. It sounds good the way you all suggested to do it. Aids digestion? That one is what I need. It does say to either drink cold or just room temp. As long as it doesn't taste like medicine. You people are so knowledgeable. So I can open it w/o being disappointed.

As VeraBlue said put it in the freezer and serve after dinner in a liqueur glass. Absolutely lovely and quite addictive!!!!:angel::)

We do a homemade version of this. Yes, delicious as an afterdinner sipping treat, or add a little in your custard cream, pudding etc.... wonderful flavour boost.

There are numerous versions you can buy in italy, have you tried the creamy limoncello, its very very nice.

Dear Urmaniac,

What's your homemade version if you don't mind posting a recipe--I love anything made with lemon. Thanks if you have the time!!:chef:
urmaniac13 said:
We do a homemade version of this. Yes, delicious as an afterdinner sipping treat, or add a little in your custard cream, pudding etc.... wonderful flavour boost.

expatgirl said:
Dear Urmaniac,

What's your homemade version if you don't mind posting a recipe--I love anything made with lemon. Thanks if you have the time!!:chef:

Actually it is Cris who takes on the helm in its making. I do know it takes a lot of zests of lemons, pure drinking alcohol, and sugar. Also it takes some patience as it needs to be sit for quite some time to be correctly "seasoned". I will ask him for the detail and get back to you with the exact recipe asap!!

When DH and I were vacationing on the island of Corfu recently, we had dinner at this posh Italian restaurant. When our meal was over, the owner offered us a small glass of this lemony liquer, which I understand now to be Lemoncello, which had been frozen. It tasted very fragrant, aromatic with the freshness of lemon peels and went down very well with the food just consumed. We were told that the secret of the fine taste lies in the lemons used, which come from Sorrento.

Back
Top Bottom