Lets all have a drink together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Give me enough lead time, I'll bring any style of beer you want!, plus the tap-handle cooler to serve it! (Right now I've got cream ale, kolsch, trippel, brown ale, IPA, and stout kegged up)

I'll bring a bottle of 151, too. Gotta have something for entertainment later on...

John

Pleas don't mention drinking to me right now!! Saturday night after sone of the family left, my SIL & BIL satyed & my cousin & her hubby came over. Well, my cousin & I started doing shots(after I had polished off a 6 pack). I'm still suffering! I also found out that Cement Mixers are very potent even if a bit nasty feeling in the mouth.

I have to write quietly so crewsk doesn't get disturbed. Feel sorry that she must have gotten too much. Just wanted to comment that this truly sounds like a great affair. Something I haven't had in long time. Drinking affair! Would be excited to meet one another. Lifter, I copied your comments because I plan on trying some of all your specialties. Sounds like they are unusual or else am I telling how naive I am. As I said long time since I had affair to go to. Of all the great ideas you all have. One thing we all can imagine. Way to go!

Well, if Wasabi can't make it, I'll make sure to bring some of the sparkling pineapple wine from Maui - I keep telling Juliev she needs to try mimosas with it, they're outstanding!

Plus, I got a bottle of Luksusowa - Polish potato vodka!!

And I promise - I'll do my human flamethrower routine...

John

ITK, some of them are probably not much, but I have fun with them!

Most of it is finding wines or "mixes" that appeal to "your" paricular pallette...

India Pale Ale has its points, but it suffers badly when compared with a really good lager or "genuine" Pilsener...

While southern Ontario no doubt is a repeat medal winner on the world "ice wine" stakes, Germany cerainly does "great" whites (in their "great" years)(you just need to learn to read their very "regulated" labels)...likewise Chilean whites are both a "bargain" and superior grade wines, as the disease that killed off the old growth French Vines did not spread to Chile...

Anyways, a couple things you can have some fun with...

Lifter

Lifter,

I'm curious, what types of points are you referring to when you say an IPA suffers compared to a pilsner? They're completely different syles of beer, and lining them up against each other is like lining up a Merlot against a chardonay, IMHO.

I love them both, personally - but I tend to be a bit of a hophead when it comes to beer.

John

i'll bring a bottle of johnnie blue, a keg o' magner's cider, and a bottle of gran marnier cent cenquanteniere (sp?).

that should be some hangover...

buckytom said:
i'll bring a bottle of johnnie blue, a keg o' magner's cider, and a bottle of gran marnier cent cenquanteniere (sp?).

I'll see your ante, and raise you...

5 gallons of 9% ABV Oatmeal Stout
4 bottles of pineapple mead (13%) ABV
5 gallons of 7% ABV Americam Pale Ale

And a bottle of 151 rum....

And we won't worry about the hangover for a week or so...

Hi Ronjohn

I much prefer lagers and pilseners to ales...thats all...

Lifter

Fixings for margaritas and daquires (?spelling).............love them.....love them.........did I say love them :) Do I need to bring my blender?

Hey Middie...............can I catch a ride :?: I call shotgun!

Lifter said:
Hi Ronjohn

I much prefer lagers and pilseners to ales...thats all...

Lifter

Hi Lifter,
Point taken. I tend to move a bit with the seasons, and as the weather cools I move away from pilsners in search of bigger beers.

Hard to top a good pilsner on a warm summer day, though...

John

ronjohn55 said:
buckytom said:

I'll see your ante, and raise you...

5 gallons of 9% ABV Oatmeal Stout
4 bottles of pineapple mead (13%) ABV
5 gallons of 7% ABV Americam Pale Ale

And a bottle of 151 rum....

And we won't worry about the hangover for a week or so...

ronjohn,

umm, i've, i've never said to a guy before, but....

i love you , man.... :D

Thanks Buckytom!

Coming from you, that means something!
I think.... :shock:

Still haven't found the wine thread though, huh? ;)

John

Hint - It's not in this section...

SizzlininIN said:
Fixings for margaritas and daquires (?spelling).............love them.....love them.........did I say love them :) Do I need to bring my blender?

Hey Middie...............can I catch a ride :?: I call shotgun!

sure can sizz... just hold on tight and don't say i didn't warn ya lol

buckytom said:
ok, so where's this wine thread? help!!!! crewsk, where is it?

Hee Hee! Crewsk isn't here right now!!

And now I have this little voice in my head - Sounds like Homer in the rafters at Flaming Moe's! "So you want to know where the wine thread is??"

John

Back
Top Bottom