Long Island Iced Tea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks
Wow thats quite the story
Least he didnt run off :D
I only had one that night
I only drink until I'm buzzed so i dont think i'll ever lose control with LIIT

TATTRAT said:
Long Island:
Vodka
Rum
Gin
Tequillia
and something I am missing....it is 5 whites +

Sour Mix
and a splash of cola

i did not know that
again i just used the mix

goboenomo said:
Thanks
Wow thats quite the story
Least he didnt run off :D
I only had one that night
I only drink until I'm buzzed so i dont think i'll ever lose control with LIIT

Personally, I only drink to excess....:ROFLMAO: Not trying to sound too much like a mother, but drinking just to the point of being buzzed gets tougher once the buzz hits. It's just natural to want that good feeling to continue, and to drink a bit more to keep that feeling... Just remember when you feel yourself about to slam into the 'wall' (and by that I mean when you cross the line from buzzed and able to hold a conversation into stumbling and mumbling territory) , stop drinking and get some water for a while...like 2 hours worth.

I know it gets harder
ive been doing it for 4 years
I know where my limit is
Plus I don't want to upset my girlfriend
She doesn't like the idea of drinking to begin with.

And i'm not about to lose this

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 99
TATTRAT said:
Long Island:
Vodka
Rum
Gin
Tequillia
and something I am missing....it is 5 whites +

Sour Mix
and a splash of cola

When I bartended in college, we mixed them with 4 whites (rum, vodka, gin, triple sec) and a splash of coke (enough to color it to "tea"). When they would run "thirsty thursday's" (buy an 8oz. glass for $5 - drink all the rail or domestic you wanted for 1 1/2 hours), we pushed the long islands. It guaranteed us a) repeat customers and b) that they would stay beyond the "free" time since they were already smashed. Oh my ... I have to say it was one of my favorites to mix since you could pour all four at once if you had strong enough fingers ... good tips too from the guys you would impress!

JMediger said:
When I bartended in college, we mixed them with 4 whites (rum, vodka, gin, triple sec) and a splash of coke (enough to color it to "tea"). When they would run "thirsty thursday's" (buy an 8oz. glass for $5 - drink all the rail or domestic you wanted for 1 1/2 hours), we pushed the long islands. It guaranteed us a) repeat customers and b) that they would stay beyond the "free" time since they were already smashed. Oh my ... I have to say it was one of my favorites to mix since you could pour all four at once if you had strong enough fingers ... good tips too from the guys you would impress!

I checked the mix for the LIIT and the bottle said Rum, Vodka, Gin and Triple Sec. So there is no Tequila. So I can keep hating it :D

JMediger said:
When I bartended in college, we mixed them with 4 whites (rum, vodka, gin, triple sec) and a splash of coke (enough to color it to "tea").
THank you. I had never ever heard tequilla in a LIIT. Glad a bartender chimed in.

Yep, there's nothing better than a perfectly made liit - after you watch them make it and see how far up all that alcohol comes it's amazing that a little coke and sour mix can take that much edge off the taste. I've only had it with gin, vodka, rum, and tequila too.

Back
Top Bottom