Sangria is a favorite of mine, and this is my favorite recipe that I use when I plan on sipping it at home or when we have a Mexican Fiesta dinner. I've made it before without the cherries, and once without the apples, but its really the best and most complex when you add all the fruits and let them soak in the brandy.
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 medium all purpose apples, pared, cored and sliced
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine
- 1 (12 ounce) can lemon-lime soda to taste
- 1 cup orange juice to taste
- Slice the orange, lemon, and lime into thin rounds. Place the citrus in a pitcher with the apples, cherries, and pineapple. Pour in the brandy and refrigerate for 2 hours of more. Chill the bottle of red wine, lemon-lime soda, and orange juice at the same time.
- Gently crush the fruits with a spoon, then stir in the red wine, lemon-lime soda, and orange juice. Add additional brandy or orange juice to taste.