Margarita Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNoodleIncident

Senior Cook
if i were to have a good margarita, i like it with fresh squeezed lime, decent tequila and cointreau...on the rocks...no salt

but, today im looking for everyone's favorite cheap and easy recipe....we are having people over, and im not trying to be fancy - as long as its sweet, tangy and tastes close to a chain-restaurant margarita, it will be perfect....no one is looking for authenticity...i also dont want a premade mix, cuz they are a ripoff....ill be using the recipe for both frozen and iced versions....im going to keep the tequila and triple sec, but what do people like to add to it to help the booze last a little longer?? limeade? frozen limeade concentrate, either undiluted or partially diluted? lime juice in a bottle? something else? let's hear your favorites

happy may 5

Take a bottle of tequilla, 1 beer, a can of frozen limeade and mix with ice.

When I want a good margarita this is not what I would make, but when I want an easy cheap decent party type margarita then this does well.

ive seen a few recipes that call for a beer....why beer? is it just that since you need some extra liquid, and why not make it alcoholic liquid? i cant see it adding much flavor - it would be overpowered by everything else

I simply buy & use the Bacardi-brand frozen Margarita mix. One can makes a full blender. Found in your supermarkets frozen food section wherever they have the frozen orange juice, etc. In fact, I have a couple of cans in the freezer for Margaritas to accompany my Cinco de Mayo enchiladas tomorrow.

Quality is good - not too sweet, which I like - & you can make it as frozen or as liquid as you like.

does that come in a frozen can, just like other frozen juice concentrates? i dont like buying the bottles of mix since they tend to cost more than they are worth, but i would assume the kind you mention won't cost all that much

now that i think about it, i've seen daquiri mix sold like that

Yes, it comes in a frozen can & is sold wherever the other juice concentrates are sold. Bacardi puts out several varieities - Margarita, Pina Colada, Mojito(which is awful - don't bother trying that one). But the Margarita one is one that I always have on hand in my freezer.

assuming i can find it, that sounds like a good option....what else do you add? just tequila? water? ice?

Just tequila & water &/or ice. Amounts are up to you. I usually add 3/4 can of tequila & then either fill the blender with ice if I want the drinks frozen/slushee, or 1/2-3/4 ice & the rest water if I want them more liquid.

I like the Bacardi frozen mixes... be very careful how many you buy.. I have bought too many and still run out... :ermm:

well, went to the store during lunch, and they were sold out...i guess i should have expected that on cinco de mayo? they normally carry some other brand besides bacardi, dont remember the name....anyway, i got a few frozen limeade concentrates....might not be exactly the same, but im sure it will be pretty good...plus, ill use triple sec, which the margarita mix didnt call for, so that will help....i prefer to experiment, as opposed to doing it the "easy way" and following the directions on a mix :sorcerer:

I simply buy & use the Bacardi-brand frozen Margarita mix...

I realized I needed some margarita mix so I thought I'd try the Bacardi mix on BC's recommendation.

I was just mixing it up in preparation for SO's arrival and read the can. Imagine my surprise when I saw the recipe called for
rum and not tequila! There was a footnote saying you could substitute tequila.

I've never seen a margarita recipe using rum? Have you?

I haven't tasted it yet but did go with BC's mix proportions for the Tequila.

Bacardi's bloody mary mix also calls for rum, not vodka, and their Whiskey Sour mix calls for rum too. Its like they have some sort of vested interest in the rum business.

Bacardi's bloody mary mix also calls for rum, not vodka, and their Whiskey Sour mix calls for rum too. Its like they have some sort of vested interest in the rum business.

You mean, just because they sell rum, they would lie to us about how to make a drink?! I'm flabbergasted! I'm aghast! I'm flummoxed! I'm speechless! (ran out of things to say).

LOL!!! Yes, alas it is true that Bacardi expects you to use their rum with their mixes. Back when they first started putting out these frozen mixes, they were all rum drinks - Pina Colada, Daiquiri, Peach Daiquiri, Strawberry Daiquiri, Banana Daiquiri(that was a fabulous one!), Raspberry Daiquiri(another really good one), & MaiTai. Then, I guess based on market review, they dropped all of them except for Daiquiri, Pina Colada, & Strawberry Daiquiri. Then they morphed the plain Daiquiri mix into Margarita. So now it's just the God-awful Mojito, & Pina Colada, Strawberry Daiquiri, & Margarita in their frozen lineup.

And since I doubt there's little to no difference between what was their plain Daiquiri mix & the current Margarita mix, you could most likely use rum with it & just call it a Daiquiri - lol!

Back
Top Bottom