Margarita Pitcher (from scratch)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carnivore

Senior Cook
before you run off and try this, let me warn you: there's a way i like margaritas and there's a way most people like them. I can't remember which version this is :D
If you're worried just reduce the amount of tequila and add more water and sugar:

Margarita Pitcher

Juice of 6 lemons
Juice of 6 limes
3 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg white
2 1/2 cups tequila
1 1/2 cups triple sec

--Mix all ingredients well in a pitcher. Add ice.

This sounds great!

Hi carnivore,

Boy does this sound good. My sister told me when they get together with friends they will take a big container with a screw-top lid and put all kinds of fruit in it i.e., strawberries, banana, oranges, kiwi, lemons, limes, mango, and I can't remember what else, then fill the container with tequila and pass it around for about 30 - 45 minutes and let everyone take their turn shaking it. She's pretty sure it's good :roll: :shock: she really can't remember! She assumes it's good because they keep making it! :mrgreen:

that reminds me of the best party drink i've ever had:
you take a bunch of lemons and squeeze them into a tea jar. you add some sugar, about half a fifth of vodka, and :shock: a fifth of everclear :shock:
throw some ice in there (and maybe some water), wrap a towel around it, and pass it around the party--everyone shakes until their arms are tired.
this stuff is interesting: the first sip you take you're not sure if you want to spit it back out or not, but then the second sip is better, and by the time you've downed a glass it's the greatest stuff on earth. It also has the uncanny effect of making everyone bubbly and happy and there's no hangover.
i forget what it's called, but 'nectar of the gods' isn't a bad name... ;)

Best margarita on Earth

As an old bartender I also have my favorites. Margaritas just happen to be one of them. The simplest recipe is this
1/3 store bought margarita Mix
1/3 The best tequila you can afford (the gold stuff tastes the best)
1/3 Triple Sec (less expensive) or Contreau (A little extra cost but worth the expense)
A Pinch of Salt.
Loads of ice or Freeze for EZ frozen maragaitas to have on hand for company.
The MUST HAVE is KOSHER SALT. There is nothing that will spoil a Margarita faster than table salt. Rub the rim of a glass with a small piece of lime or water can be used and cover the rim with salt. Serve over ice or frzen in any kind of glass as long as it is a big one.
Happy Holidays!

Karen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom