Martini McDreamy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karenlyn

Senior Cook
Thought I'd share my favorite sweet martini recipe (adapted from another, far-too-weak recipe), which I named for McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy. Just as yummy, you know. :-p My husband actually likes this, though if you were to ask him, he'd never admit it in public. hehe.

Martini McDreamy

1 oz. vanilla vodka
1 oz. Contreau or triple sec
1 1/2 oz. fresh orange juice

Mix over ice. Pour into martini glass. Drink with care. :angel:

You don't mind if I top mine off with a bit of bubbly, do you? Yes, this does sound McDreamy! And if you drink it while taking a "steam" is it a McSteamy? :LOL:

Thought I'd share my favorite sweet martini recipe (adapted from another, far-too-weak recipe), which I named for McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy. Just as yummy, you know. :-p My husband actually likes this, though if you were to ask him, he'd never admit it in public. hehe.

Martini McDreamy

1 oz. vanilla vodka

A cosmopolitan but orange juice instead of cranberry...

And vanilla vodka. And without lime. If you try it, you'll find it tastes completely different from a cosmopolitan... kind of like an orange creamsicle, actually! (Though in all honesty, I prefer a cosmo-- they're less sweet and I LOVE me some cranberry.) But this is good fo summer when you want something fun and girlie-- great for a Grey's Anatomy watching party. ;)

Thank you

Martini McDreamy

1 oz. vanilla vodka

Karenlyn, I put this in another thread but I could not find this thread but now i have so...

You are a legend. I took this into work with me and it has made its way around the building. The girl I sat next to tried it out last Saturday night and let's just say the bottle of Vanilla Vodka never had a chance. I plan to obtain a bottle this weekend for the cabinet - and just maybe I will throw one together for myself. I thank you and my colleagues thank you!:cool:

That sounds delicious! I'll have to try it. I had a black forest cake Martini at a bar last week. That was quite yummy as well.

You don't mind if I top mine off with a bit of bubbly, do you? Yes, this does sound McDreamy! And if you drink it while taking a "steam" is it a McSteamy? :LOL:

HA HA HA!!!!! I was thinking the same thing! The Champange Queens!

I'm so glad you guys liked this! I love it-- delicious and deceptively strong. A good bachelorette party drink. And now that summer's coming, I'm going to be making this all the time. It's just really good-- like I said, even DH loves it. On the sly, anyway.

I actually prefer McSteamy to McDreamy, so might try this one next time I have access to a hot tub. Which will probably be in... Oh, I dunno... ten years. :( Oh well!

Back
Top Bottom