Melon and white wine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know that there is a melon liquor that is delicious in a margarita, although for some reason it gives me a blinding headache. Perhaps mixing it with tequila is the problem. I wonder if it's the same thing except mixed with wine.

If you are speaking about 'Melon con Vino' you should cut in half a little melon, take off the seeds and pour wine in it.
Now, I don't know what kind of white wine (dry or sweet?), because I usually do it with red Porto wine.

I have recipes for Melon Ratafià (also watermelon), typical southern Italian liqueur and also melon cream liqueur, ask me if you are interested.
Anyway, both of them have nothing to do with white wine, in my opinion.

I like white wine mixed with Watermelon Rubicon, and served ice cold. I imagine it would be quite difficult to get the juice from a melon without getting bits of sediment in it.

I like white wine mixed with Watermelon Rubicon, and served ice cold. I imagine it would be quite difficult to get the juice from a melon without getting bits of sediment in it.

Actually, I made watermelon limeade yesterday, just put chunks of watermelon in the blender and buzzed till liquified, added juice of 1/2 lime and some agave nectar. It's delicious, and no sediment.

Actually, I made watermelon limeade yesterday, just put chunks of watermelon in the blender and buzzed till liquified, added juice of 1/2 lime and some agave nectar. It's delicious, and no sediment.

Ooh, I'd never thought of doing that. I don't know why, but I always assumed the pulp/sediment would be an issue, will have to give it a go as I'm sure it would be much nicer with fresh melon.

Back
Top Bottom