Microbreweries in Fort Worth??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janetGood

Cook
Anyone live near Fort Worth?
We miss our Mac and Jack's African Amber in WA so now we need to get out and try the local flavors, i thought i would ask before we run all over town. So what are your favorite places to get micorbrew's?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I would ask a few pubs/bars in town. They are likely to know.

There appears to be Great Grains Brewery at 500 North Main Street

Rahr and Sons Brewing Company, owned by Fritz and Erin Rahr, located in a warehouse south of downtown

Last edited:
Anyone live near Fort Worth?
We miss our Mac and Jack's African Amber in WA so now we need to get out and try the local flavors, i thought i would ask before we run all over town. So what are your favorite places to get micorbrew's?
Thanks in advance

Fort Worth does not have the Microbrew-Pubs like in WA, or even like when I lived in Golden, Co and drove over to Denver.

Kitchenelf noted the only two FtW microbrewers - but Great Grains Brewery went out of bussiness a few years ago as far as I know - and while Rahr and Sons Brewing Company is a microbrewery - no pub, but you can take a tour on Saturdays ....

The water in the D/FtW area sucks when it comes to making beer. If you want good Texas beer - go South of Austin - down in the hill country. Actually, go to Shiner and find the Spoetzl Brewery (website)

Now - if you want a few nice places to imbibe n FtW - that is something else ...

If you want good Texas beer - go South of Austin - down in the hill country. Actually, go to Shiner and find the Spoetzl Brewery (website)

Now - if you want a few nice places to imbibe n FtW - that is something else ...

Shiner:rolleyes: Still cant find it in PA

Saint Arnold is good (but from Houston shhh)

other: Texas Brewers Directory

Beer Travelers - Texas Brewpub Finder

Alot of the independant beer in TX is German (hill country roots)

Cellis was great but sadly gone....:wacko:

The Metroplex is a great place for eating and drinking though.... texas does food and beer right... I miss it :(

LOL - Pancho, yep - we have a great brewery facility just south of town - but the water sucks so bad nobody can make a go of it ... Pearl, Miller, Carling, Lone Star, Budweiser, I've lost track. I know they tried to get Coors in here but after they tested the water they chartered a plane so they didn't have to wait until the next scheduled flight out the next morning! I know it's still out there - don't know who is brewing poison these days ....

Yep - the best beer in Texas comes from down in the Hill Country ... definately settled by German immigrants. I've had beer during Octoberfest in New Braunfuls that I have never seen anywhere else.

Now, if you want to talk about what the D/FW made that was good, well forget the Dallas part - something good out of the FtW area - you want to look at Grapevine, TX (there were a LOT of grape vineyards up there that wound up being bought out to create the DFW airport - one of my x's family made a LOT of money).

But, perhaps the most famous thing around here is the Hiney Winery in Euless, Texas - located just behind the Euless Library. Founded by Uncle Harry Hiney, and today kept alive by his two nephews - Big Red Hiney and Thor Hiney. When I get my insurance check I'm going to take $2,500 and send it to Seymour Hiney and get a distribution franchise. Forget the stuff in bottles or boxes - Hiney comes in a convenient flip-top can! :LOL:

LOL - the Hiney Winery shtick was started by a couple of morning DJ's - and believe it or not there were people who heard the "commercials" and got angry when they stopped by the library because they couldn't find the winery!

Well Heck no wonder i can't find anything, i guess we shall go to hill country, maybe we will make it our vacation destination, maybe they import some beers to the metroplex.
Thanks for the info, we will keep searching,every town has some good some bad of everything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom