My favorite Margarita recipe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fnorrisnielson

Assistant Cook
I think people invite me to their parties just to get me to make margaritas for them. Don't forget the tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole!

1 cup Tequila
1/4 cup Cointreau
5 oz Minute Maid limeade concentrate
1 oz lime juice
juice of one fresh Meyers lemon
2 tsp sugar
2 + cups large ice cubes
water

Add ice to blender, pour in tequila and Cointreau. Add lemon and lime juice, limeade and sugar. Blend at high speed for 1 minute. Pour into margarita glasses rimmed with salt and enjoy.

Is Cointreau anything like Triple Sec (orange liquer)? I use Triple Sec. Your recipe sounds amazing! I also use MinuteMaid concentrate...but I don't add lime/lemon/sugar. Ever had a Strawberry Margarita? It's good but I like the traditional best. And then there's a Tequila Sunrise...mmmm

Is Cointreau anything like Triple Sec (orange liquer)? I use Triple Sec. Your recipe sounds amazing! I also use MinuteMaid concentrate...but I don't add lime/lemon/sugar. Ever had a Strawberry Margarita? It's good but I like the traditional best. And then there's a Tequila Sunrise...mmmm

Yes, Mollyanne you can substitute Triple Sec for Contreau and it is a lot cheaper. I neglected to mention using fresh lime but the lime in the little plastic green bottles is OK. My wife and I drink these often and yes we both like Tequila Sunrises also.

Back
Top Bottom