Need Pinot Grigio Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read that the ideal serving temp of Pinot Grigio is about 50F, which I didn't know. I always thought wines in general were best served at about 60-65F and that only champagne and sparkling wine was to be served chilled. Ya learn something new every day!

Ice it is, then. thanks, Markf. I was thinking it would be too cold in the fridge. But then, it wouldn't last very long in there anyway!

it's from Meridian Vineyards, Paso Robles, CA, vintage 2003

I'll let ya know how it is once I crack it open (after properly cooling, of course).

White wine is traditionally served chilled. Sparkling and sweet wines are usually served well-chilled. Dry whites, still chilled but not REALLY cold. I prefer mine cooler than 50, but it's personal preference. The better the wine the less chilled, as the flavor(s) are masked by cold.

Red wine is usually served either at room temp or just slightly chilled. Always below 70 degrees, though.

Also, remember that when people talk about serving red wine at room temp., the room temp. that is supposed to be taken into account is the French Countryside and not Florida or Los Angeles.

Red Wine should be served between 55-60 degrees F.

White Wine can be chilled in the refrigerator, then left out at room temp. until service. White wine should be served between 45-50 degrees F. When it's too cold (38-40 degrees) which is right out of the fridge or ice bath, the flavors will be muted because of the cold. Once it warms up a bit, the wine will open up and you'll be able to taste the flavor range.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom