Oprah's Pomegrante Martini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Oprah loves martinis—and this is one of her favorites!

INGREDIENTS
• 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
• 2 oz. Absolute Citron vodka OR white tequila
• 1 oz. Cointreau liquor
• Cup of ice
• Optional: Splash of sparkling water
• Optional: Squeeze of lemon

Shake ingredients in a shaker and put in chilled martini glasses. Put pomegranate fruit into glass as garnish.

Have to try this. Oprah was really going wild about it and sure seemed to make her relaxed. Of course, when I see her I usually want what she says is good. What the heck is Citron vodka? She said this had lot of antioxidants whatever they are? Supposed to be good. Guess she is off her diet.

I saw that show too. I believe citron vodka is a lemon flavored vodka. I've seen it in stores but never tried it.

I was behind a young lady at the store who was purchasing the ingredients for this. Very interested in trying it!!!
Citron is basically a citrus/lemon vodka...very good stuff!!!!!

Try It

Well, guess we all are going to give it a try. Happy you all comment because I sure don't want to be the only one. So it is supposed to be lemon with pomegrante. Not too familiar with the juice but have to at least give Oprah a chance. Now to check out this lemon vodka. Since you gave you approval Erik it's sure thing. Check with you later. What brand you like?

I really enjoy Ketel One Vodka, the company recently came out with a citrus vodka called Ketel One Citroen. It can be a little pricey, but if you check the stores, especially this time of year, sometimes they have some price breaks!!!
The pommegranate juice isn't very inexpensive, but this is Oprah, not Maury Povich:)
As I read the recipe, I'm seeing choice of White Tequila or Absolut Citron. Hmmm..my palate says Tequila is sweet in flavor. Maybe when I make this, I'll try both ways.

I agree Erik, Ketel One or Absolut Citron. A little pricey, but well worth it, like a good wine!

Appreciate

i do appreciate your suggestions. If it doesn't cost more I don't think Oprah would try it. I just didn't see any brand names. Will try the vodka first and then the tequila. Never had tequila. I am almost sure she mentioned vodka was what she put in hers.

Back
Top Bottom