Party Drinks, not Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
It always seems that at my parties for watching Nascar Racing.
All the men have beer, Wine for the Ladies, and Sodas for the Kids...
but I don't know what else to make that is another Light Alchohol, even Non-Alchohol Drink.
At Noon on Sunday, cocktails aren't right. And Wine is a bit strong too.
I've had good luck with "Sangria"..
but is there some other drink I am missing?
Thanks, Eric Austin Tx.

I find blender drinks or slush are popular as early day drinks. I try to keep brandy slush or lime slush in the freezer to serve with soda water. We also keep a couple cans of those blender drinks like pina colada or strawberry daiquiri around.

I find blender drinks or slush are popular as early day drinks. I try to keep brandy slush or lime slush in the freezer to serve with soda water. We also keep a couple cans of those blender drinks like pina colada or strawberry daiquiri around.

The great thing about these drinks is you can make them with or without alcohol, and they taste great either way!

-ginger ale, lemonade, and vodka
-berry juice and white wine, red currant was really good
-Okay, this has beer, but still: a shandy made of one part ginger beer, ginger ale, or lemonade and one part beer. This is really good on a hot day or with hot food (capsaicin hot, not necessarily temperature hot).

Tomato juice cocktail 2-45 oztomato juice1-tab sugar3 tabs vinegar1/2 tea of onion salt dash of pepper dash celery salt
worchestershire sauce 1 tea. mix all ingredients chill and serve over ice in tall glass.
kadesma:)

MD 20/20 and 7-up makes a good/light spritzer type cocktail.

Wine Margaritas or spritzers work too.

I would rather have a beer with my hot wings though!

omg LOL Mad Dog 20-20! haha Haven't even thought about that stuff in forever. Do they really still make it? It's a cheap fruitified "wine" with a high alcohol content. I always think of it as something that bums drink out of a paper bag. But I do admit to drinking it a couple times when we were really too young to be drinking anything at all ...

Put your favorite frozen fruit into a glass and mash it a bit, top with some dry bubbly wine. Fantastic!! Could use fizzy cider or lemonade for the kids.

Can use wine + 7-up as an easy sprizter as well.

I've always had great luck making pictures of homemade lemonade or limeade and then mixing that with vodka and some 7-up or Sprite to add to give it a little fizz and sweetness. 3/4 citrus to 1/4 soda seems to work best if you're the bartender. I typically make everybody's first drink and then have stuff set out for everyone to refresh as needed. I also freeze ice cube trays full of the lemon or lime mix to use instead of regular ice during the summer so stuff doesn't get all watered down so quickly.

And I'll second on the Shandy idea! They are fantastic. We use whatever clear soda we have on hand, fill the glass about 1/4 full and then pour the beer. Yummmm!

Oh and another wickedly good treat: Drink enough out of your Corona to empty out the long neck. Pour in a shot of Bacardi Limon Rum (and yes, it has to be Bacardi. We've tried every other kind out there and that one always tastes best!). Put your thumb over the bottle and carefully invert the bottle to mix the two. Enjoy. Carefully! They are wicked... :D

Last edited:
Ha Ha, I haven't had a "Mad Dog Spritzer" since college!

A Shandy sounds good, and the Ginger Ale being around is nice for the older kids.

I forgot all about frozen drinks like Daquiries and such!

and now that I think about it, I guess having Liquor out is not so bad. If people mix their own drinks, I guess they can make them strong or weak. I usually have Bloody Mary stuff out anyway.

I think, more fruit juices, selzer, ginger ale, and plenty of ice/blender...

Thanks so much Dear List!
Eric, Austin Tx.

Back
Top Bottom