Pumpkin Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just had a bit of an epiphany!

You know all those beer-bread recipes?
I've always made them with plain ol beer.....

How about making a beer-bread with the Pumpkin...or the blueberry?
YUM!

See?

What did I just say? jkath, keep it up! Sounds good to me.
Only increases the flavor. When I add beer to chili sure does make difference. Didn't know you made bread. I have to try the Pumpkin Muffins, trying to keep up with you. I bet your family is happy. No one take your place. Good for you!!

You all inspired me! I didn't know anything about pumpkin beer but when I went to town this week, I looked for it...found it!! I bought a six-pack, sent one bottle home with my parents, and the rest still sit in my refrigerator. :blush: I plan to try it this weekend. Using it in bread sounds like a great idea!!!

Depending on the type you get it could be great in a bread or you just might not even notice it. Some have just a subtle hint of pumpkin flavor and others have a very powerful pumpkin flavor. Each brand is different.

Almost Gone

This is shameful but my Pumpkin Beer is almost gone and it isn't Halloween yet. Have been looking in the stores but evidently people are reading our comments and trying to find it. There sure isn't enough in the bottle. I always wind up drinking two. I guess I really indulge when something taste so different. I don't get a headache from it either. Have to go to the store tomorrow but I don't like to go to the liquor department as soon as I walk in. Wish me luck. Thanks and I wish you the same.

ITK - good luck on your search for pumpkin beer! And don't worry about heading to the liquor area first...it's OK!! Besides, if you wait, you might miss out on the last 6 pack of pumpkin beer!!!

I hate to ask...but how's the bug problem? Been thinking about you and hoping things are better at your house. :)

Now I wonder if you can get pumpkin beer in Canada I have never seen it and bluebarry is also one I have never seen. I will look for it. I love beer and sure hope I find it. If anyone knows of any brands of Pumpkin beer sold in Canada please let me know.

bugs!!

callie said:
ITK - good luck on your search for pumpkin beer! And don't worry about heading to the liquor area first...it's OK!! Besides, if you wait, you might miss out on the last 6 pack of pumpkin beer!!!

I hate to ask...but how's the bug problem? Been thinking about you and hoping things are better at your house. :)

Thanks for asking. The exterminator is returnin g this week to check the spider traps he left. If there are more than 6 or 8 he says house has to be treated. Do you remember I started with Wolf Spiders? Well, I see them laying dead on the floor. The poison they put down must be working on them. But the others are hard to kill. I just wish I could move everything in the house outside and take a hose with clorox and kill everything that isn't supposed to be living here. Do I sound wild? It makes a person upset when you have to have someone tell you they find bugs in your house. The main thing everyone tells me is not to allow clutter. SOme of the stuff I need once in while. Thanks again for thinking of me callie. Must have made you feel good to know you don't have this. Hope you never do.

In the Kitchen said:
You got this right Brooksy. I got good company if you are here. You made my day! What about you? Like Pumpkin Beer? Maybe that is what causes me to act this way. But I like it.

Thanks mate. :ROFLMAO:

Dark malt beer, light malt beer - that's about it I'm afraid.

A stubbie of Beer with my Pumpkin Soup (not mixed) is about as close as I wanna get. :LOL:

I'm still trying to get my head around Biscuits & Gravy. :LOL:

DW & daughter go made over vanilla Coke. :sick: No thanks.

Fiddling with good old beer is leaning towards heresy. There'll be chocolate flavoured Jack Daniels shortly. :LOL:

Brooksy said:
Fiddling with good old beer is leaning towards heresy. There'll be chocolate flavoured Jack Daniels shortly. :LOL:

I agree about the beer (I prefer my blueberries and pumpkins in pies), and say it ain't so, Brooksy, on the Jack!:ohmy:

Blessings

Count your blessings! Bet you can't wait till it comes back again next year!!!! They don't have it anymore at our store at least not the one I like. Guess if I really get desparate I can go to Whole Foods if they still have some.

mudbug said:
........ and say it ain't so, Brooksy, on the Jack!:ohmy:

Sorry about jumping out of the bushes like that & scarin' you Ms. Muddy, but see what happens when you fiddle with perfection. Hopefully it ain't so. :LOL:

*** AS Brooksy pops the top off another coldie....***

LONG LIVE JDW!!! hic, LONG LIVE BEER. hiccup, Buuuuurrrrpp er, excuse me. :pig: :blush:

Think that's out there, Brooksy?
Here's a real one I found for you...leave it to the Canadians!

Spruce Beer
(Canada)This is made from the boiled boughs of black spruce. The beer is made with yeast, molasses and raisins and takes less than three days to brew.

jkath said:
Think that's out there, Brooksy?
Here's a real one I found for you...leave it to the Canadians!

Spruce Beer
(Canada)This is made from the boiled boughs of black spruce. The beer is made with yeast, molasses and raisins and takes less than three days to brew.

Too much snow around the ears. :LOL:

During drought times we feed the cattle molasses on crook tasting feed. If you get a fermented drum of molasses the cattle get drunk on it and stumble around the paddock.

And there ain't no way I'm commenting on "Bud Wiser". :LOL:

Dr Weil

anyone hear about him? He has on his site that pumpkin is very good for you healthwise. They make the beer with pumpkin but will have to wait till next year. Store not reordering.

:devilish: Ronjohn digs up an old thread to spill a horrible secret...

MOST PUMPKIN BEER HAS NO PUMPKIN IN IT!!!!

Pumpkin, as an ingredient in beer, adds some color and body, but virtually no flavor. As a result most brewers stick to more traditional means to duplicate the color and body, and ignore the pumpkin completely.

The spicing at the end gives it that pumpkin pie taste that everyone recognizes....

Oh the humanity!!!! :ROFLMAO:

John

Oh, John! Say it isn't so!! Next I guess you're gonna tell me there isn't a Santa Claus????
:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom