Pumpkin Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it may be a bit early yet for the pumpkin beers to hit the stores, but they are no doubt in the fermenters (if not the bottles) already, so with the recent pumpkin pie thread, let's drag this one back up, too!

I'm thinking I may even try making one of my own this year. Any victims,err... volunteers, yeah yeah, volunteers! care to sign up for a taste test?

I promise, I'll even make sure there is some pumpkin in it!

John

Last edited:
Wow!

ronjohn55 were did you find this? I love pumpkin beer. It is from local brewery here and we must have bought pretty much because we have some downstairs that we haven't finished. Bought several packs before it got all sold away. People really like it here.

I appreciate the fact that you are attempting to try making it! That surely takes some courage to make it. Like anything all a matter of what you think you can do. I wish you lots of luck and hope it turns out as you want. Good for you ronjohn55. Let us know what happens. Give you credit for attempt you are making.

For the ladies - Pete's Wicked Ale has a Strawberry Blonde that is yummy. Pyramid brewery makes an Apricot Ale that I suddenly want badly!

This fall I'm sure we'll be heading to Bufflao Bill's for Pumpkin Ale. I'm ready!:-p:)

Wow sounds great, it has to be good. Never had it, but I remember pumpkin shakes, outstanding! Hope I can find some pumpkin brew one day.

Pumpkin beer is good...

I just can't drink to much at one time, I start grinning like a jack-o-lantern.:D

A homebrew supply store where I order some kits from has a pumpkin ale recipe kit that calls for a couple of cans of pumpkin pie mix. Like one poster said, most of the flavor comes from the spices, not the pumpkin. Personally, at this time of year, I prefer an Oktoberfest beer.

As far as fruit flavored beers, blueberry is good, raspberry is okay and someone from the west coast makes an apricot flavored brew. If you want the names of these folks, shoot me an e-mail and I'll tell you their names.

I love it! I have only seen Blue Moon around here. I tried a few at the bar on tap, and he said Budweiser made it, liquor store did not have it yet though!

We sell:

Cottonwood Pumpkin Ale,
The Shipyard Pumpkinhead
Brooklyn Post Road Pumpkin Ale
Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale

Out of those I'd say Cottonwood sells the most, then Brooklyn, then Blue Moon, then Shipyard - after Cottonwood though everything is really close.

Pumpkin beer is awesome. Anchor Steam had a fall beer with hints of pumpkin a few years back (if memory serves) and it was DELICIOUS. I've spent a good bit of time in Europe and the Belgians have a way with adding various flavors to their beer. There was a cherry infused beer that was unbelievable, I'm having a Pavlovian experience thinking about it. While in Germany a friend talked me into a Banana beer. They take a nice weisen and add a little banana syrup to it. The thought of it was tough, the execution was splendid.

I'm a Bass man myself, and the occasional Guiness, but a foray into flavored beers is always a fun adventure.

EatWell said:
There was a cherry infused beer that was unbelievable, I'm having a Pavlovian experience thinking about it.

Not to get off topic, but Sam Adams makes an awesome cherry wheat during the fall months!

shannon in KS said:
I love it! I have only seen Blue Moon around here. I tried a few at the bar on tap, and he said Budweiser made it, liquor store did not have it yet though!

Coors makes Blue Moon. I had a great pumpkin beer at a brewpub in Atlanta a few years ago. I was hooked, so I always pick up a few sixers when they're in season.

Back
Top Bottom