Pumpkin Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Has anyone tried the pumpkin beer yet? We got some last year and this year can't believe how many others are in the store. Even some kind of ale from Blue Moon. Blue Moon must be popular that is the one that was selling the most.

I've had a few varieties...all are great. If I remember correctly, I think RonJohn even brews his own...

Yep, there's pumpkin beer. Somewhere on this site is a pretty good sized thread about it, too. :)

Pumpkin in a beer really doesn't add much by way of flavor or body, though. In fact many of the pumpkin beers on the market have no pumpkin. They're made to a certain color to look "orange" like a pumpkin, and then flavored with various blends of pumpkin pie spice. The spice is generally the signature feature of any pumpkin beer.

Not that I spend much time checking on these types of thing.... :angel:

John

I love pumpkin beer. I've tried a few different brands, but the only name I could remember was Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. I would have to say, there are some good and some bad, but if you can find one you like. It's a great fall drink, you will enjoy it.

I just recently tried pumpin beer for the first time as well and liked it. I found it a bit different and am currently still atuning my pallet to "richer" beers (still 23 so bud, coors, and miller are my staples), but it was definately very good.

I have tried Blue Moon pumpkin ale. I am not sure why they call it pumpkin ... it is just a beer with spices that are associated with pumpkin like nutmeg and ginger. Personally I think it tastes like any other beer but I am not a beer drinker so I guess I do not really know too much.

I'm partial to the Shipyard Pumpkinhead. I had some at a brewpub in Atlanta once that was my favorite of the several I've tried, though. Even my best friend, who *hates* beer, liked it.

I just recently tried pumpin beer for the first time as well and liked it. I found it a bit different and am currently still atuning my pallet to "richer" beers (still 23 so bud, coors, and miller are my staples), but it was definately very good.

Do yourself a favor. Blow those taste buds out with a nice, cold 22 oz. bottle of Stone Brewing Ruination. If you can take that, you can take anything. Powerful, powerful stuff. I love it.

Do yourself a favor. Blow those taste buds out with a nice, cold 22 oz. bottle of Stone Brewing Ruination. If you can take that, you can take anything. Powerful, powerful stuff. I love it.

Now there's about as big a jump as you can make in the beer world!! ;) :-p

John

yum yum! Love it! Jacks Spice is my fav, of course they may be another one out there.... but it's just not available here. Harvest Moon, from Blue Moon is tasty too!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom