Questions about a riesling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The cork is given at the table to make sure it is A) wet i.e., showing it was stored properly and B) to make sure the wording on the cork matches what's on the wine bottle
Oh wow, that's a light bulb going off in my head Kitchenelf! Thanks.

The cork is given at the table to make sure it is A) wet i.e., showing it was stored properly and B) to make sure the wording on the cork matches what's on the wine bottle i.e., someone hasn't changed labels, which has been done in the past. I've never encountered this one though.

Don't sniff the cork. If the wine is "corked"/gone off, you will be able to sniff it from the glass they pour the taster and tell. A corked bottle of wine will not always show on the cork.

So...you can see if it is wet or you can feel it and then glance at the words on the cork, if there are any, that is.

And of course the most important thing... if they present you with a cork that's missing the lower 1/4 you can ask them where it went! :LOL:

And of course the most important thing... if they present you with a cork that's missing the lower 1/4 you can ask them where it went! :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: yea, and when they go to look for it and tell you where it went you can tell them to bring back another bottle!!!! OR, find someone who knows how to open a bottle of wine properly!

Back
Top Bottom