Real Mexican Margaritas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jennyema said:
...I prefer an aged tequila that has some taste to it -- Sauza's "Hornitos" is often what I buy. It's an aged 100% agave tequila...

On a business trip to Mexico some years ago, I got into a discussion on tequlia and was given a quick tutorial on the way to the airport. I asked the guy to recommend a brand and this is what he told me to buy. I have not been disappointed.

A quick look into the liquor cabinet reveals I was not the one who bought the last bottle of tequila as I see a bottle of Cuervo Gold staring back at me.

Andy M. said:
A quick look into the liquor cabinet reveals I was not the one who bought the last bottle of tequila as I see a bottle of Cuervo Gold staring back at me.

headache.jpg

:) Jennyema that will be perfect because I dont like the stong teguila flavor.
;) AndyM just put that bottle up for grabs to somebody and see how many people actually think they made a real score.:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Anyone have a lower alcohol recipe that scales well?

It needs to be a bit lower in alcohol than a standard margarita, because I'm working on a project for the 4th of July...

We're going to take a 5 gallon keg, and make Margarita Fizzies! Since they'll be cold, fizzy, and on tap :huh: I need to make sure they aren't so strong as to lay waste to the revelers. They must still pass the taste test, of course.

John

We were in Beverages and More a few weeks ago picking up some necessary supplies. We were heading to the checkstand with our goodies when the checker stopped us and took our bottle of margarita mix away. He then handed us a bottle of Dr. Swami and Bonedaddy's margarita mix. We read the labels and were amazed. Most of the mixes are full of artifical stuff. Dr. Swami & Bonedaddy's mixers don't have a bunch of chemicals, high fructose corn syrup, or other garbage in them. Boy - talk about a great margarita. A good mix, great tequila, and life is good!

Not authentic Mexican but good :)

Jeff Chef's Margarita

Into a pitcher dump in the full amount of a 12 oz. carton of Minute Maid Limeade. Fill the now empty carton with Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila and then dump it into the pitcher. Add 3 (12 oz.) Corona beers to the pitcher, and that's it! This recipe yields 6 large drinks. Just pour over ice filled tall glasses and squeeze/drop in a lime wedge.

I know that "beer" sounds like a strange ingredient, but the taste of beer ends up being just about un-detectable. The drinks can stay in the fridge for days, as the carbonation from the beer disappears very quickly, and that's not even the effect you are looking for to begin with.

img_544089_0_08ff80474005ad42817eb75b6f1190cb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom