Reunite Lambrosco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Probably didn't spell that right :D . Anyway, I've not had much experience with wine. I do like this kind though. I've tried several other different brands (? can't remember names) of red wines before and didn't care for them. So many times I stand in front of the wine bottles just looking but end up not buying anything because the sensible side of me says don't waste your money like you did before.
Does anyone else like this kind? What others do you like.....maybe we share the same palate and I can try those.
Have you cooked with the Lambrosco? I know they say when cooking with wine cook with what you would drink.

Lambrusco is a light bodied semi-sweet red Italian wine. One of the first wines I ever drank.

I'd recemmend going to your local wine shop and talking to someone there. Tell them what you like and ask for recommendations.

I love Lambrusco. It has an almost sparkling taste to it. I cook with it but not often because I prefer to use Merlot or Cabernet Sauvingnon. I like to drink Lambrusco and 30 years ago this was one of the most popular wines, pretty much like Mateus Rose. Anyone remember that one? How about Asti Spumante? No one hears of those wines anymore although they are still available.

ironchef............I don't recall the names of the ones I tried its been too long.

vegasdramaqueen.....I love Aste we usually only drink it on New Years Eve though. In fact I still have an unopened bottle in my refrigerator from New Years Eve 2002..........I have no idea if its still good or not.

thanks for the response everyone!

I higly recommend that you go to a wine tasting event. This is a very inexpensive way to try some very good wines. I love Porto myself.

I believe that ones taste in wine is progressive. Twenty-five years ago, Lambrusco was my wine of choice. Now it is too sweet. Then Zinfindels (sp?) now I am up to Bergundys and can even tolerate Cabernet Sauvingnon, which I hated. Right now I am into Merlot. If I drink, I will make it healthy reds. :LOL:

I believe that ones taste in wine is progressive. Twenty-five years ago, Lambrusco was my wine of choice. Now it is too sweet. Then Zinfindels (sp?) now I am up to Bergundys and can even tolerate Cabernet Sauvingnon, which I hated. Right now I am into Merlot. If I drink, I will make it healthy reds. :LOL:

Thanks for the suggestion Bang......I have brothers that live up in MI and was just up there in August. On the way to and fro I saw places that offered wine tasting. Unfort., I was in a hurry to see my brother and on the flip side to get home, so I didn't stop. I will make it a point next time I see one of those "Free Wine Tasting Signs" I'll try not to wipe out the car in the closest lane to the exit ramp when I veer off. Hubby will enjoy the drink I'm sure after sitting in that passenger seat that is if his white knuckles recoup in time to hold a glass...... :D . I hate driving in small towns but get me on a highway....esp. 3 lanes.....you better watch out :D

Back
Top Bottom