"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks

Old 05-13-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Sample

My sister gave my brother some of this drink they call Peels. He gave me a carton of the Blueberry/Pomagrante drink. It is delicious. According to advertisments they make other flavors. Whenever something makes me happy I want to share it.

Also I tried Lemonade w/vodka. You know who else tried it? Oprah. Juice of 3 lemons, 2 shots vodka, lemon slice and peppermint. I just drink t he Lemonade and vodka and find it quenches my t hirst and makes me feel good. I don't think you can go wrong w/vodka.

Have never had chance t o taste this one. Guess since local brewery only available around here. If it is something everyone likes will probably produce more t han just locally.
LAST (FOR NOW) BUT NOT LEAST...You've GOT to try our new O'Fallon 5-Day IPA...available on draught only!* We dry-hop this American Style India Pale Ale with seven grains and four domestic hop varieties by adding dry whole hops to the finishing tank so the beer rests “on top” of the hops for five extra days!* Malty sweetness up front with big cascade and glacier hops in the finish -- a wonderfully drinkable IPA!*Here's a list of*bars and restaurants in Missouri that are pouring it now!

Old 05-13-2006, 01:50 PM   #2
Head Chef

I have one Peels left in the fridge, a strawberry one. I LOVE the blueberry pom that you tried. It's divine!

Old 05-13-2006, 03:36 PM   #3
Executive Chef

angie

Then you know what I am t alking about. It didn't seem like too much alcohol. After I finished it, could tell it did have something in it. That's what fools you is you think of drinking juice but little something added. Just enough. Have to try strawberry does sound good too. Guess she gave us this one cause she knows we all are health conscious. Sure!
Old 05-13-2006, 03:47 PM   #4
Head Chef

Yes, they are pretty good, plus they are made from fruit juice concentrate.

The strawberry passion fruit is OK. I love passion fruit but wasn't as happy with this. I really want to try the cranberry peach!!
Old 05-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Iowa

Angie, have you heard of a bike ride that goes across Iowa? It goes for full week and they ride across Iowa. I have some that participate in it and say it is really something to look forward to. Just like Peels, something to look forward to. Have to check some of the flavors when go to store. I will avoid the strawberry if you really didn't care for it. Let me know how you like cranberry/peach?