Shooters (Most popular shots in you area)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Just for fun. What shooters are drunk most where you live?

In South African Bars it's the following:

Springbokkie
Peppermint liquor with a layer of Amarula (or baileys) on top.

B52
Layer of Kahlua, layer of Amarula topped with a thin layer of Stroh Rum

BJ
Layer of kahlua, layer of Amarula topped with softly whipped cream.

Kak in die bos (poop in the bush)
Peppermint liquor with a few drops of chocolate liquor dropped into it.

Suitcase
Shot of Jack Daniels followed by a shot of Passionfruit Cordial

Bob Marley
Layer of peppermint liquor, layer of Amarula topped with a layer of red Sambuca.

Womens revenge
Tot of Amarula and a tot of Lime Cordial mixed in your mouth before swallowing.

Kak in die bos (poop in the bush)
Peppermint liquor with a few drops of chocolate liquor dropped into it.
OMG, you gave me such a laugh with that one! :ROFLMAO:

The things that people name drinks!

We have a drink here in Florida called "Sex on the beach"

• 2/3 oz. Schnapps, peach
  • 1 1/3 oz. Vodka
  • 1 1/3 oz. Cranberry Juice
  • 1 1/3 oz. Orange Juice
Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a highball glass filled with ice.

---
My favorite shooter is the B52

• 1 part Irish Cream
  • 1 part Grand Marnier
  • 1 part Kahlua
Layer Kahlua, Bailey's and then Grand Marnier in a shot glass. Serve with a stirrer.

OMG, you gave me such a laugh with that one! :ROFLMAO:

The things that people name drinks!

"We have a drink here in Florida called "Sex on the beach"

We drink this too!

---
My favorite shooter is the B52

"Our Amarula tastes a lot like Baileys, I like the Grand Marnier idea. It won't knock you over after the first 2 :LOL:"

My favourite shooter is also a B52 but I replace the Stroh or Grand Marnier with Sambuca Gold!

Last edited:
The following is taken from the website of the Olde Virginia Primitive Riflemen.
I was the webmaster for years and still do some work on it occasionally.

It is a drink that is quite popular at our Rendezvous, although it is rather sweet.
It was submitted by "Dulcimer Dave" McNew.

Struth
Several years ago, I attended "Military Through the Ages" in the Jamestown, VA festival park. The weather was particularly frigid and I was trying to come up with a drink that would be pleasant and warm you from the inside.
After concocting this wonderful drink, it went several years without a name. At an early O.V.P.R., event we were talking about the Gaelic language and the conversation turned into a free-for-all, trying to make up words that sound like they emanated from the Isles.
Anyway someone uttered the word
"struth", and I decided it sounded pretty good and even better since you can make a joke or two using the name. Anyway, It follows here.

Struth
2 fifths of Butterscotch Schnapps
1 Fifth of hazelnut liquor
1 fifth cheap rum.

Mix together and drink.
Submitted by Dave McNew

The following is taken from the website of the Olde Virginia Primitive Riflemen.
I was the webmaster for years and still do some work on it occasionally.

It is a drink that is quite popular at our Rendezvous, although it is rather sweet.
It was submitted by "Dulcimer Dave" McNew.

Struth
Several years ago, I attended "Military Through the Ages" in the Jamestown, VA festival park. The weather was particularly frigid and I was trying to come up with a drink that would be pleasant and warm you from the inside.
After concocting this wonderful drink, it went several years without a name. At an early O.V.P.R., event we were talking about the Gaelic language and the conversation turned into a free-for-all, trying to make up words that sound like they emanated from the Isles.
Anyway someone uttered the word
"struth", and I decided it sounded pretty good and even better since you can make a joke or two using the name. Anyway, It follows here.

Struth
2 fifths of Butterscotch Schnapps
1 Fifth of hazelnut liquor
1 fifth cheap rum.

Mix together and drink.
Submitted by Dave McNew

Sounds pretty good actually! Minus the cheap rum, I'm sure good rum would work too lol!

Almost forgot Jager Bombs.

Fill half a whiskey tumbler with Redbull Energy Drink then place a tot glass filled with Jagermeister in the center of the glass. Then down the lot without swallowing the tot glass ;p
Sure this stuff is dangerous though!

Well...true enough. On the other hand, with the price of hazelnut liqueur, cheap rum is likely to all I can afford. And...it needs to be clear cheap rum.

In that case I guess Bacardi will do nicely :) Besides I think only small quantities will be needed since this sounds like a headache in the making :LOL:

I stick to white wine these days, but back in the day my late husband and I made several trips to Jamaica, where we would treat ourselves to the very dramatic Bob Marley.
The true Bob Marley is grenadine at the bottom, creme de menthe in the middle, and 151 plus creme de bananna, so it makes the red, green and yellow of the Jamaican flag. Light it on fire, stick a straw down to the bottom and finish it!

I stick to white wine these days, but back in the day my late husband and I made several trips to Jamaica, where we would treat ourselves to the very dramatic Bob Marley.
The true Bob Marley is grenadine at the bottom, creme de menthe in the middle, and 151 plus creme de bananna, so it makes the red, green and yellow of the Jamaican flag. Light it on fire, stick a straw down to the bottom and finish it!

That sounds yummy! I'll try it sometime, the more modern version is good too :)
I used to drink shooters to get a buzz faster before kids and responsibility :LOL:
I still like making some of them but in a cocktail glass to make it easier to sip slowly as a treat now and again.

Back
Top Bottom