Shot Pourer with a cap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
I would like to get some shot pourers for making drinks, but it would be nice to be able to leave them in instead of taking them out each night and re-capping the bottles. Is there such thing as a shot pourer that has a cap?

yes but I don't know where you can get them. You could also try to improvise one with a pen can.

All the pourers I have ever had came with a little metal cap on a hinge. When you turn the bottle over to pour the cap opens and when you put the bottle back upright it closes. Keep looking and I am sure you will find some.

I would assume a restaurant supply store. Distilled beverages it isn't that big of a deal, the commercial ones should do. But as Bill said, not meant for fortified wines and sweet liquers. They need to be capped more securely than that unless you're likely to be going through a bottle a night like a busy bar might.

Pourers with hinged metal lids do not seal the contents very well. A good bar will put screw caps on stuff like sweet vermouth to avoid having fruit flies in their Manhattans.
I have never used a speed pourer with things like that. My liquors that have speed pourers are things like vodka, gin, rum, cachaca, tequila, and things like that. I have never had a single thing (that I have noticed at least) get into my bottles.

i got some pourers (just the plugs with the spout and the hinged cover) at my kitchen store (chef central). 2 to the package and they were in the isle with the fancy bottles with the spouts used to put olive oil in for the table.

I would like to get some shot pourers for making drinks, but it would be nice to be able to leave them in instead of taking them out each night and re-capping the bottles. Is there such thing as a shot pourer that has a cap?
Yes. we use them at a club I belong to. they have a rubber cap that goes over the top to close them up. Most bar supply catalogs have the units. They come in different "pours" Often the caps are sold separately.

Here is a web site that has many types..

Bar Supplies.com : Liquor Pour Spouts, Speed Rails, Fruit Trays, Juice Containers, and more.

Back
Top Bottom