"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > Alcoholic Drinks

Old 03-26-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Thumbs up Small-batch bourbon article for Uncle Bob

Hi Uncle Bob,

I received my April issue of Bon Appetit on Saturday. Has a beautiful lemon meringue pie on the front.

But...on page 72 there is an article entitled Batch to the Future that made Buck and me think of you.

If you don't subscribe or the magazine isn't available to you for whatever reason, here's a link to the article: Batch to the Future at Bon Appétit Features at Epicurious.com. I thought you, and others, would enjoy the piece.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks Miss Katie...

It is truly becoming a bourbon connoisseur's paradise in the market place. The demand for high quality, "top shelf" bourbons is on the rise for sure.
I can't figure how I am ever going to "sample" all the labels on the market today. At the rate I consume the stuff, If I stopped buying today..I gotta have a two or three year supply on hand. I had to build a special shelf in a closet just to bunker the stuff. Anyway thanks for the link..the small batch bourbons are fun to drink as well as now the Single Barrel labels.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
Head Chef

Katie, that is just CRUEL... Posting an article like that while I'm stuck at work!

Now I'm stuck here jonesing for a nice bourbon, and I'm 3 hours and 25 miles from my liquor cabinet.

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjohn55
Katie, that is just CRUEL... Posting an article like that while I'm stuck at work!

Now I'm stuck here jonesing for a nice bourbon, and I'm 3 hours and 25 miles from my liquor cabinet.

John
Sorry, John. You'll just have to suck it up...not the bourbon...and do the best you can until you're reunited with your liquor cabinet. Just think of it as a character-building exercise.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #5
Head Chef

Well, last night when I got home I did indeed raid the liquor cabinet....

A nice glass of Bulleit Bourbon was what I settled on. I'm not sure what I like best about it, but I suspect it's the old fashioned looking bottle with the cork top.

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

John...

You reminded me of the "Frontier" whiskey. I just went and checked my 'bunker' and I have half a bottle. So tonight I think I will have a pour. It has been a while. When I think of Bulleit two words come to mind. Oakey and smokey. It is a good 90 octane Bourbon. I like the bottle too!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote