Sparkling Wines w/o Breaking the Bank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Martini and Rossi Asti Spumate is economical but a bit sweet. Sometimes I squeeze a bit of fresh grapefruit or lime juice into it to offset the sweetness.

If you can get to northern Ohio, Mon Ami winery makes a spumante that is better than Martini and Rossi. Oh, the last time I bought some it was around $6 a bottle....

At my last wedding reception, the caterer, a trusted friend and supplier, showed up with a couple of cases of Gruet for the toasts. As I am a bit of a food and wine snob, I was hesitant about a bubbly at $10 from the southwest. It was served in glasses, not poured from the bottle. Quite tasty, and several of the guests commented on the quality.

You know what turned out to be surprisingly good on New Year's Eve? An impulse purchase of "Barefoot" Pinot Grigio champagne! (Okay, okay "sparkling wine".)

Since Pinot Grigio is my favorite dry Italian white, & our local Wegman's market had a large display of this sparkling type for $7.99/bottle, I figured "what the heck" & bought one. It was very nice.

Back
Top Bottom